Author Topic: Playstation 5  (Read 189838 times)

Bebpo

Re: Playstation 5
« Reply #2340 on: September 20, 2021, 04:17:14 AM »
I was reading some impressions of Deathloop's PC version and man I'm starting to feel like load times are the biggest pro of PS5 versions of games. Deathloop you're constantly doing mission after mission and having 5 second or less loads makes it not a bother. I think I'd be annoyed with longer loads.

Same with Judgment ps5. Game loads a decent amount for activities and certain interiors and 3 second loading was nice.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #2341 on: September 20, 2021, 01:44:30 PM »
Yeah, I've been playing Miles Morales the last few weeks and the load times are almost non-existent. Fast traveling is sub 3 seconds. Same with Ghost. Going from the PS5 home screen to actually playing the game in ~15 seconds is really spoiling me on other stuff.

I vividly remember the almost 3 minute wait time for GTAV on 360... :yuck

Svejk

« Reply #2342 on: September 20, 2021, 02:36:04 PM »
Forbidden West will also have "zero load times" as well on PS5.  It really is the best.  Completely spoiled on it too.

Bebpo

« Reply #2343 on: September 20, 2021, 07:30:45 PM »
Given that we live in a generation of fast travel games and cleaning up side quests and collectibles, instant loads across game worlds is a really big quality of life benefit.

I'll take it over PC versions even if gfx are a little worse. Though if the console is 30fps and PC is 60fps I'll still go PC in that case. Like I went PC for Tales of Arise because based off the demo the performance mode looked pretty rough on PS5 and the quality mode had a terrible framerate, while PC is doing 100fps+ no problem.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #2344 on: September 20, 2021, 09:26:37 PM »
are load times on xplatform games with ps5 really better than the pc equivalent (nvme gen4 ssd etc)? I have a modern pc with nvme gen4 drive as boot and for newer games and loading in games that are optimised (cyberpunk, metro exodus enhanced, star wars rogue squadron, psychonauts 2 that I've played recently) is fast to the point I've never thought about load times
◕‿◕

Bebpo

« Reply #2345 on: September 20, 2021, 10:02:14 PM »
are load times on xplatform games with ps5 really better than the pc equivalent (nvme gen4 ssd etc)? I have a modern pc with nvme gen4 drive as boot and for newer games and loading in games that are optimised (cyberpunk, metro exodus enhanced, star wars rogue squadron, psychonauts 2 that I've played recently) is fast to the point I've never thought about load times

Yes.

From what I've seen they're about half the length. So from 5-10 seconds to 0-2 seconds.

For most optimized games PS5 loading is instantly. Like you hit a button and you're in the game or at the new fast travel spot. Maybe a second or two or three max pause. It's pretty impressive technically.

Deathloop PC load times w/modern SSD are apparently around 17-20 seconds per mission and a few seconds on PS5 for instance.

I've generally never noticed PC load times with a good fast SSD, but PS5 makes me notice them in a positive holy shit how is this instant way. It really feels quality of life improvement having near instant loads in games.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2346 on: September 21, 2021, 06:52:35 AM »
Deathloop PC load times w/modern SSD are apparently around 17-20 seconds per mission and a few seconds on PS5 for instance.

No sure if Deathloop is going to be a good example of an optimized game for comparison- seeing lots of reports of issues with the PC version (including load times) and a patch is supposed to be on the way.  The PS5 version is also making some people's PS5s make weird noises when loading.  Maybe coil whine?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 06:57:02 AM by bork »
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #2347 on: September 21, 2021, 07:28:34 AM »
Kena is looking great
What

Svejk

« Reply #2348 on: September 21, 2021, 07:39:41 AM »
Kena is looking great
Have it downloaded, but can't try it till Friday.  :-\ Been getting pretty good reviews.  Some stating it harkens back to old GC adventure games like Zelda, Okami and Star Fox Adventures. Lol
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 07:53:08 AM by Svejk »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2349 on: September 21, 2021, 08:14:06 AM »
Kena is looking great
Have it downloaded, but can't try it till Friday.  :-\ Been getting pretty good reviews.  Some stating it harkens back to old GC adventure games like Zelda, Okami and Star Fox Adventures. Lol

It's supposed to be pretty short, like 8-12 hours long.  Seems like something to pick up on sale.
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #2350 on: September 21, 2021, 09:35:09 AM »
Kena is looking great

It's supposed to be pretty short, like 8-12 hours long.  Seems like something to pick up on sale.
Same could be said about Mario Odyssey... But jokes on us, Mario doesn't go on sale... Even if it does, Kena is still cheaper at launch retail.  :trumps
Short is fine with me.  Gives me time to play through it quickly before Metroid comes out... which is probably another 8-12 hour game, but costs $60 instead.   :trumps

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2351 on: September 21, 2021, 10:41:18 AM »
Kena is looking great

Same could be said about Mario Odyssey... But jokes on us, Mario doesn't go on sale... Even if it does, Kena is still cheaper at launch retail.  :trumps
Short is fine with me.  Gives me time to play through it quickly before Metroid comes out... which is probably another 8-12 hour game, but costs $60 instead.   :trumps

Did you forget to take your anti-fanboy pills this morning?  :P
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #2352 on: September 21, 2021, 11:19:43 AM »
Just buy it physical and sell it when ur done with it for 80% of the retail price
What

naff

« Reply #2353 on: September 21, 2021, 05:04:34 PM »
Kena is looking great

It's supposed to be pretty short, like 8-12 hours long. 

:rejoice
◕‿◕

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2354 on: September 30, 2021, 01:34:47 AM »
While in the USA, my sister says she wants to buy a PS5 for my birthday present. I tell her that it's a lovely thought, but more or less impossible, both in Japan and the USA.

The day before I left, a new PS5 arrived for me.

:rejoice

I repacked all my things to make sure I could bring it as one of my carry-on items for my return flight. I knew it would get mishandled or even stolen if I let it go through cargo (even if I re-packed it in its shipping box). So there I am, carrying a PS5 box through SFO, HNL, and KIX. I was getting eyeballed by many people, and 6 different people, including one flight attendant, wanted to know where I got it.

Once I finally got home with it, my son audibly gasped when he saw it.

Let's Cyber

Let's Cyber

« Reply #2356 on: September 30, 2021, 02:26:59 PM »
Also Demon's Souls sold 1.4 million 

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #2357 on: September 30, 2021, 02:53:39 PM »
seems kinda low :thinking
(ice)

Svejk

« Reply #2358 on: September 30, 2021, 02:55:03 PM »

Let's Cyber

« Reply #2359 on: September 30, 2021, 03:13:00 PM »
Naw for a launch game, that is very good. Add in the console is still supply-constrained.

By comparison, Bloodborne sold a little over 2 mil on a much larger install base by the time Old Hunters hit. 

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #2360 on: September 30, 2021, 07:40:28 PM »
I'm a bit skeptical about them making an original game next.
They proved great technical capabilities, but every time they had to implement artistic agency, the results were mixed (in particular regarding characters).
But i am curious to see how they'll express a sense of identity, in what kind of game they'll do.

Bebpo

« Reply #2361 on: September 30, 2021, 09:44:53 PM »
Yeah, I don't get why people really want them to make an original game.

So far they have taken great games and added a nice visual coat of paint to them. I would want them to keep doing this and taking classic great games and updating them visually for modern replays. There are still lots of classic games that could use visual upgrades.

There is no guarantee at all that if they make their own game it'll be any good outside having nice graphics.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #2362 on: October 01, 2021, 02:18:02 AM »
I think they deserve the chance to make their own game at this point. They probably would like to give it a shot and not be stuck making remakes forever :yeshrug

If that doesn't work out Jimbo will probably chain them back to the remake desk.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #2363 on: October 01, 2021, 04:51:29 AM »
I honestly don't want them to do remakes anymore. Their products basically look like those "MARIO IN 4K ULTRA HD" youtube vids. Like some student project with an AAA budget. I wish Demon's Souls had a toggle to go back to the old graphics.

They've basically been Playstation's 343 Studios. Their Halo remakes also look disgusting.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #2364 on: October 01, 2021, 05:00:16 AM »
Demon's Souls original graphics looked like shit tho.  :yeshrug

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #2365 on: October 01, 2021, 05:12:50 AM »
They're simple and clean. Blue Point overdesigns everything to show off their technical prowess. Same thing with 343's remake. They destroy the feel of the original in the process.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #2366 on: October 01, 2021, 05:39:23 AM »
I suppose there's an element of subjectiveness, i personally always found the game just downright ugly, not in a good, charming way.
Kind of a "put together" feel.

Bloodborne is where From started to have a strong visual identity, in my opinion.

I think bluepoint did a good job with Shadow, Wander design aside.
If i look at next gen Ueda graphics (Last Guardian) they're not that far off in terms of how they render rocks and such, even though the sense of scale in much greater in TLG, due to a stronger use of light and atmospheric perspective.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #2367 on: October 01, 2021, 05:55:15 AM »
Isn't that just because you like the victorian architecture more.

When I look at the bottom picture it makes me think the designers only thought about if it looked cool. Not if it made sense design wise.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #2368 on: October 01, 2021, 12:45:15 PM »
I think BB was their first game with a more cohesive visual style, Dark Souls (and even more so DkS2) felt very schizophrenic and at times bland and generic, visually speaking.
Demon was smaller so a bit better, but i think it also shared a bit of that problem.

That is not to say i don't have issues with BB though, some elements to me are crazy bad, like buildings shrouded in fog with a clear sky behind them and other absurdities, or areas like Nightmare Frontier being a visual mess to navigate, because of the overabundance of textured elements all over the screen.

Sekiro is probably their best effort on this front, visually clean but very strong and cohesive, with many iconic designs and very polished looks.
-
When it comes to alterations in remakes, it's kind of a tricky subject.
I feel like a 1:1 recreation is a fool's errand, so might as well inject personal authority into it.
That is fine and dandy, AS LONG AS the original (or a remaster/port) is still readily available.

If they were to remake Silent Hill 2 for example, i'd 100% barf in my mouth at the slightest change, but as long as i can get the original in some form and play it, whatever.
Resident Evil on GC after all wasn't a 1:1 recreation of the PS1 version, and yet it was significantly better for it, in my opinion.

Bebpo

« Reply #2369 on: October 01, 2021, 02:21:12 PM »
I honestly don't want them to do remakes anymore. Their products basically look like those "MARIO IN 4K ULTRA HD" youtube vids. Like some student project with an AAA budget. I wish Demon's Souls had a toggle to go back to the old graphics.

They've basically been Playstation's 343 Studios. Their Halo remakes also look disgusting.

This is a pretty subjective take. You're definitely not alone in this,

...but I think every game they've done blows the fuck away the original. Including SoTC with oh no slightly ugly Wanderer. I've been nothing but happy with their work on MGS/ICO/SoTC/GoW/Gravity Rush/Demon Souls and wish they would've been able to do Silent Hill. In terms of remake graphics, no one has done a better job than Bluepoint imo.

I mean Square's recent Nier Replicant remake for instance, is...ok. It's fine but I'd have killed for it to look like an actual PS4 or even PS5 game if Bluepoint had done it.

Bebpo

« Reply #2370 on: October 01, 2021, 02:23:08 PM »
I think they deserve the chance to make their own game at this point. They probably would like to give it a shot and not be stuck making remakes forever :yeshrug

If that doesn't work out Jimbo will probably chain them back to the remake desk.

You say this like it's a bad thing.

Oh no, what a hard and degrading life for the studio to be making the definitive modern versions of classics games like Metal Gear Solid, SoTC and Demon Souls.

They aren't some port studio working on ports of like Shadowman or something. I'd think they'd be happy to be working on fucking great games a lot of them probably love and that people love what they do.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #2371 on: October 01, 2021, 03:12:26 PM »
Resident Evil on GC after all wasn't a 1:1 recreation of the PS1 version, and yet it was significantly better for it, in my opinion.

That had Shinji Mikami at the helm though. I don't even know if Bluepoint ever did their own gameplay. As far as I heard Demon's Souls PS5 was basically 1:1 on gameplay.

paprikastaude

« Reply #2372 on: October 01, 2021, 03:43:55 PM »

Oh no, what a hard and degrading life for the studio to be making the definitive modern versions of classics games like Metal Gear Solid, SoTC and Demon Souls.

They aren't some port studio working on ports of like Shadowman or something. I'd think they'd be happy to be working on fucking great games a lot of them probably love and that people love what they do.

Yet you also downplay the work on less flashy ports like Shadowman. I think the entire narrative sorrounding BluePoint, which demanded them to "upgrade" to "real" games, was pretty disrespectful. As history has shown, even making good ports isn't that simple. Image you find a craft you're good at and everybody tells you to do real work instead.

We don't even know what that studio is capable of beyond remastering. Not to mention, when Western developers vociferously announce new IPs like this, it's usually safe ass cinematic action adventures anyway. :snore And when it's announced, the same people cry that the announcement conference didn't revive nostalgic IPs instead.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #2373 on: October 01, 2021, 04:47:15 PM »

That had Shinji Mikami at the helm though. I don't even know if Bluepoint ever did their own gameplay. As far as I heard Demon's Souls PS5 was basically 1:1 on gameplay.
True, but if we look at it from a "death of the author" point of view, you just look at the final product and judge it on its merit.
George Lucas went back and fucked up its own thing after all.

But i agree with you that Blue Point has shown "only" a (very good) technical background so far, as i said i'm skeptical of them going original, but ofc they deserve the benefit of the doubt at least.

Bebpo

« Reply #2374 on: October 01, 2021, 05:24:05 PM »

Yet you also downplay the work on less flashy ports like Shadowman. I think the entire narrative sorrounding BluePoint, which demanded them to "upgrade" to "real" games, was pretty disrespectful. As history has shown, even making good ports isn't that simple. Image you find a craft you're good at and everybody tells you to do real work instead.

We don't even know what that studio is capable of beyond remastering. Not to mention, when Western developers vociferously announce new IPs like this, it's usually safe ass cinematic action adventures anyway. :snore And when it's announced, the same people cry that the announcement conference didn't revive nostalgic IPs instead.

Look, I'm sure Shadowman took effort and it sounds like a good port/remaster. I'm just guessing most developers would rather work on MGS than Shadowman.

naff

« Reply #2375 on: October 03, 2021, 11:36:52 AM »
Isn't that just because you like the victorian architecture more.

(Image removed from quote.)

When I look at the bottom picture it makes me think the designers only thought about if it looked cool. Not if it made sense design wise.

this got posted a lot to this point originally, but if you actually played the game it's a massive overreaction. I loved the original. but the remake is beautiful, tonally consistent and an improvement to play.

I do agree on the 343 remakes, but their other work has been better. also whoever took that comparison screen upped the brightness and washed it out coz they mad, or Internet points or something
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 11:47:23 AM by naff »
◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #2376 on: October 03, 2021, 12:02:34 PM »
Also Demon's Souls sold 1.4 million

not surprising. even among souls fans I know that have bought a ps5 that had never played it they were kinda lukewarm on it until they pushed through the awkward beginning. some of those design decisions like making it harder when u die in soul form, little to no explanation for these systems, and heavily limiting items that can regain your humanity etc leads to a game that has enough of a bad rep for regular people to understandably avoid it. would've been really happy for BP to modify and have more explanation for the more enigmatic poorly implemented systems
◕‿◕

Let's Cyber

« Reply #2377 on: October 03, 2021, 03:55:10 PM »
this got posted a lot to this point originally, but if you actually played the game it's a massive overreaction. I loved the original. but the remake is beautiful, tonally consistent and an improvement to play.
:hesright

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #2378 on: October 03, 2021, 04:00:47 PM »
I did play the game and absolutely hated the visuals. So whatever floats your boat. It's like those hollywood remakes of Japanese horror we got in the early 2000s.

On a technical level it's impressive, but I cannot stand their art design.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #2379 on: October 03, 2021, 08:41:31 PM »
The Ring > Ringu.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
All the other remakes were shit tho.
[close]

naff

« Reply #2380 on: October 04, 2021, 08:43:04 PM »
I did play the game and absolutely hated the visuals. So whatever floats your boat. It's like those hollywood remakes of Japanese horror we got in the early 2000s.

On a technical level it's impressive, but I cannot stand their art design.

is it just the opening castle changing to a more gothic leaning style vs the squared off roman style? overall the updates feel very in line with the original art style, but for sure this was a big change stylistically. i dont understand why people say "it doesn't make sense" though, is it not just a different castle design?
◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #2381 on: October 04, 2021, 09:02:48 PM »
the biggest other change i noticed while playing, and can def understand not digging this, was the more traditional stage lighting of areas, especially internal ones. personally, i think it looked great, but it definitely eschews a lot of the realism and despair the original traded in. lots of little changes in the models but nothing i thought too drastic and mostly a tidy update, but everything did add up to quite a different vibe. i liked that. i don't think the original is some sacred cow in aesthetic design and it's still there, but the more i think about it the more it makes sense to not feel it. fortunately i dig it, the best looking souls entry for me, but i can understand why the specific tone of the original is important to people
◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #2382 on: October 04, 2021, 09:23:19 PM »
might have to give the original a replay on RPCS3. still have the copy i bought 12 years ago i haven't touched in around a similar time :p i do love the unique, melancholic vision of the original. going back to four way rolling though  :'(

res update looks fantastic. going back and watching old videos i admit, i would've preferred just improving the internal res, adding some aliasing and other basic iq improvements to the original graphics with tweaks to gameplay. though as a launch title especially i understand why they'd avoid this and want a more traditionally presented fantasy game showing off the bells and whistles of what their new console is capable of.

◕‿◕

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2383 on: October 11, 2021, 09:57:13 AM »
https://www.t3.com/amp/news/ps5-gets-another-killer-graphics-upgrade-but-theres-a-huge-catch

Sony has announced that it will be bringing a new feature to PS5 called 'Auto HDR Tone Mapping', and it basically does exactly what Dolby Vision does in games – yay! But you'll only be able to use it if you have a 'BRAVIA XR' TV, which means the five highest-end models from Sony's 2021 TV range.

:cmonson
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2384 on: October 11, 2021, 10:57:36 AM »
Jim Ryan: "The biggest dissapointment for me is that we still deliver PlayStation 5 entertainment to subpar screens. I personally suggested to allow only Bravia XR TV's to run our content but unfortunately this was technically impossible." :snob
🤴

Svejk

« Reply #2385 on: October 11, 2021, 02:44:33 PM »
https://www.t3.com/amp/news/ps5-gets-another-killer-graphics-upgrade-but-theres-a-huge-catch

Sony has announced that it will be bringing a new feature to PS5 called 'Auto HDR Tone Mapping', and it basically does exactly what Dolby Vision does in games – yay! But you'll only be able to use it if you have a 'BRAVIA XR' TV, which means the five highest-end models from Sony's 2021 TV range.

:cmonson
Sounds like what they tried to pull for PS Remote Play; only allowing the app on the Xperia at first ...  Once they realize (again) that it was another asinine marketing push, I'm sure they'll drop it for other capable tvs down the line.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2386 on: October 22, 2021, 01:31:01 PM »
Got one of these things.  Not that it matters, but the PS5 is even uglier than it looks in photos/videos.  At least standing it up vertically looks better, but from the front it looks like bent construction paper.

Am impressed by how relatively quiet it is and how quickly updates download/install.  Game downloads, too.  Massive improvement over the PS4.

Picked up FFVII Intergrade, Neptunia Reverse, and Devil May Cry 5 SE to go with it- interested in seeing how the latter will look and run at 120 fps on my LG C1, although IIRC doesn't it drop the resolution down to 1080P when doing this?

It prompted to download Guilty Gear Strive when setting up the system.  Neat how it just automatically upgrades and gives you the PS5 version like that.  Going to try out some other PS4 games and pay rip-off Sony prices to upgrade Spider-man and Ghost Of Tsushima. 

Also got two 4K blu-ray movies.  Been wanting to see how those look and never had a 4K blu-ray player before.
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #2387 on: October 22, 2021, 02:13:52 PM »
Got one of these things.  Not that it matters, but the PS5 is even uglier than it looks in photos/videos.  At least standing it up vertically looks better, but from the front it looks like bent construction paper.

Am impressed by how relatively quiet it is and how quickly updates download/install.  Game downloads, too.  Massive improvement over the PS4.

Picked up FFVII Intergrade, Neptunia Reverse, and Devil May Cry 5 SE to go with it- interested in seeing how the latter will look and run at 120 fps on my LG C1, although IIRC doesn't it drop the resolution down to 1080P when doing this?

It prompted to download Guilty Gear Strive when setting up the system.  Neat how it just automatically upgrades and gives you the PS5 version like that.  Going to try out some other PS4 games and pay rip-off Sony prices to upgrade Spider-man and Ghost Of Tsushima. 

Also got two 4K blu-ray movies.  Been wanting to see how those look and never had a 4K blu-ray player before.
Awwww yeeeah

Let's Cyber

« Reply #2388 on: October 22, 2021, 02:35:33 PM »
Devil May Cry 5 SE to go with it- interested in seeing how the latter will look and run at 120 fps on my LG C1, although IIRC doesn't it drop the resolution down to 1080P when doing this?
FWIW I highly preferred the 1080p/60fps with RT on. the 120fps is all over the place.

Also Ghost of Tsushima has a free patch for 60fps. I think the resolution is 1800p (same as the pro version) so unless you need 4k, don't pay for the upgrade.

Svejk

« Reply #2389 on: October 25, 2021, 10:11:20 AM »
https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1452621132163649536

They must've hired SunhiLegend to produce that gif.   :lawd

Svejk

« Reply #2390 on: October 26, 2021, 08:14:41 AM »
May be time to jump back in Returnal...

archnemesis

« Reply #2391 on: October 26, 2021, 08:28:03 AM »
I really like Returnal, but starting over from the beginning is too strict for me. I wish they had the same approach as Super Stardust, once you have cleared a level you can choose to start the game from second level. It would be even better if it saved my progress. Beating the first boss took me a long time and I doubt I will ever revisit it unless they add a more forgiving mode.

Svejk

« Reply #2392 on: October 26, 2021, 08:38:28 AM »
I really like Returnal, but starting over from the beginning is too strict for me. I wish they had the same approach as Super Stardust, once you have cleared a level you can choose to start the game from second level. It would be even better if it saved my progress. Beating the first boss took me a long time and I doubt I will ever revisit it unless they add a more forgiving mode.
I agree.  Granted my hurdle is getting past the 3rd biome boss, a straight up 'reload save' would be much more welcome than a suspend, especially when you got the right drops.  It takes me over an hour just to get back there with decent power ups.

Svejk

« Reply #2393 on: October 26, 2021, 01:36:52 PM »
State of Play tomorrow is confirmed to have an extensive look at Little Devil Inside.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1453036198583144450

Raist

« Reply #2394 on: October 26, 2021, 01:55:00 PM »

Isn't that precisely what this update is bringing?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
but also just git gud you scrub
[close]

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2395 on: October 26, 2021, 02:38:38 PM »
No, they're just letting you suspend a run and exit the game without having to start all over.
©@©™

Raist

« Reply #2396 on: October 26, 2021, 03:05:21 PM »
No, they're just letting you suspend a run and exit the game without having to start all over.

I really like Returnal, but starting over from the beginning is too strict for me.

???

Bebpo

« Reply #2397 on: October 26, 2021, 03:11:42 PM »
I wonder if you can cheat it somehow and go offline before booting so it doesn't delete your cloud save and then if you want to reload you can download your cloud save from last time you suspended.

Pain in the ass, but yeah it'd be nice if there were actual, you know, saves.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2398 on: October 26, 2021, 04:03:19 PM »

I really like Returnal, but starting over from the beginning is too strict for me.

???

You still have to start over from the beginning if you die.
©@©™

Raist

« Reply #2399 on: October 27, 2021, 01:50:40 AM »
Ah, so like, chapter selection. I don't think it would make it any easier TBH.