Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5389490 times)

Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| Oprah/Uma 2020
« Reply #12840 on: January 12, 2018, 12:35:42 AM »
Honestly, Trump could say, "It's time we get those wetbacks, sand niccas, feggits and ungreatful niccas out of the country." And his base would be like "He's a little rough around the edges, but he tells it like it is, you know?"

It's because they're racist.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12841 on: January 12, 2018, 12:45:21 AM »
It's a lot like prowrestling, I just ignore the bits I don't care about till the great heel etiolate sprays the ring with a fountain of L's.

etiolate is Kurt Angle and the milk is L's.
dog

Himu

« Reply #12842 on: January 12, 2018, 12:47:14 AM »
How are Fox news and conservatives twisting the "shit hole" comment?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 12:54:30 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

« Reply #12843 on: January 12, 2018, 12:52:34 AM »
Ive never used the ignore function, too much of a bore reading completist.

*high five*

I'm a lifelong member of the "ignore lists are against my religion" club.   Some of you deserve it real bad, but I'll never click that button for any of you.

I was like that before but I'm just tired and would rather avoid the dumber posts while I casually browse.

It's a lot like prowrestling, I just ignore the bits I don't care about till the great heel etiolate sprays the ring with a fountain of L's.

I'm not really sure how pointing out Islam isn't bad is a dumb post but ok.  :doge

Himu

« Reply #12845 on: January 12, 2018, 12:54:49 AM »
What about other conservatives
IYKYK

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #12846 on: January 12, 2018, 12:55:55 AM »
first state of the union
每天生气

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #12848 on: January 12, 2018, 01:16:17 AM »
Well, he did gut him like a fish.
 :whew
que

Himu

« Reply #12850 on: January 12, 2018, 01:20:52 AM »
What about other conservatives

Rick Wilson murdered a Trumper on live television.

https://twitter.com/GrandeAkande/status/951663881209950209?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.rawgit.com%2Fs9e%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fmaster%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%23951663881209950209

:whew

(I) Fuck with your soul like ether
(Will) Teach you – the king – you know you
(Not) God's Son across the belly
(Lose) I prove you lost already
IYKYK

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #12851 on: January 12, 2018, 01:24:37 AM »
clip is semi-apropos in a subtle way as the story is always that Normal Lear never intended Archie to become the most popular character by far rather than the ignorant bigoted foil who audiences would loathe

and the deciding straw-vote for his development was O'Connor strongly arguing in favor of the version that he eventually became where the character is shown as more an uninformed and ignorant product of his environment/biases yet also shown to be ultimately good at heart but good to individuals even as he's virulently bigoted against the groups they come from... something that much like is often seen in real life as I'm sure we've all experienced, people who can't quite make the connection and fall back on "some of them are good people, i assume" ... the infamous Sammy Davis kiss came about because Davis loved the character and related to him due to remembering his own biases before getting out in the world

iirc, part of the show turning it down as it went on was O'Connor was so good that people were often assuming he truly agreed with Archie...a whole bunch of actors also turned down parts on the show because of the original version of Archie, like I think Harrison Ford was originally supposed to be Meathead

benjipwns

« Reply #12852 on: January 12, 2018, 01:25:46 AM »
also speaking of Nixon and the tapes, there's a whole bunch of them where they talk about the latest episode, including one, again iirc where Nixon at length describes an episode to someone who had missed it that week :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #12853 on: January 12, 2018, 01:29:08 AM »
Ive never used the ignore function, too much of a bore reading completist.

*high five*

I'm a lifelong member of the "ignore lists are against my religion" club.   Some of you deserve it real bad, but I'll never click that button for any of you.

I was like that before but I'm just tired and would rather avoid the dumber posts while I casually browse.

I told him months ago that it was his last chance to understand what I was saying and he failed that. If you can't produce the ability to be worth talking to then you get parsed.  I've had him on ignore for months.

This isn't a persona. It's a reflection how I view many of you.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #12854 on: January 12, 2018, 01:31:49 AM »
a whole bunch of actors also turned down parts on the show because of the original version of Archie, like I think Harrison Ford was originally supposed to be Meathead

I've heard this but not sure I believe it. Ford turning down a starring prime time network TV role at that point in his career would be fairly drastic.

benjipwns

« Reply #12855 on: January 12, 2018, 01:46:18 AM »
yeah, I would like to re-iterate that's one of the larger names I remember from the histories I've read about it/TV in the era/etc. which are always sort of a Rashomon story by default, I'm sure there's plenty of cases where the person went on to embellish the story as a great stand against bigotry when they might have just lost the part

there was some has been major actor who for years insisted they were going to be the lead on Star Trek but felt there was no future in sci-fi, but The Making of Star Trek which had all the original memos never listed the actor on any of the ones they considered, even Shatner more fell into the role

of course there's all kinds of stories about John Wayne (other than he was a cigarillo) turning down this role or that for being crass or anti-American or whatever

my favorite is Sean Connery's claim he turned down Gandalf and would have made $500 million from the role as he couldn't see it working out, so as a result did League of Extraordinary Gentleman (for which his salary was 20% of the films budget) which just confirmed his opinion on the state of Hollywood being mindless trash leading to his retirement

benjipwns

« Reply #12856 on: January 12, 2018, 02:39:33 AM »
my private tracker ratios say otherwise :smug

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #12857 on: January 12, 2018, 02:40:53 AM »
my private tracker ratios say otherwise :smug

Commie.
serge

benjipwns

« Reply #12858 on: January 12, 2018, 02:48:16 AM »

shosta

« Reply #12859 on: January 12, 2018, 12:10:11 PM »
From the wsj
Speaking to reporters in Chicago Friday, Mr. Durbin said: “In the course of his comments [Mr. Trump] said things that were hate-filled, vile and racist. I use those words advisedly. I cannot believe in the history of the White House, in that Oval Office, any president has ever spoken the words that I personally heard our president speak yesterday.
Obviously didn't listen to the Jew stuff in the Nixon tapes.
每天生气

etiolate

« Reply #12860 on: January 12, 2018, 12:14:44 PM »
:lol

You take that and throw in people believing the gorilla channel story and that's why you can't get any real behavior accountability for Trump. Too many people are full of shit. You do have to actually be deserving of the higher ground in order to use it, which people should have figured out when Trump won in spite of everything.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #12861 on: January 12, 2018, 01:12:00 PM »
I for one am shocked that our racist president continues to say racist things.

shosta

« Reply #12862 on: January 12, 2018, 01:16:05 PM »
My mom's from a shithole country. Best woman I've ever known. Sometimes I wonder what Hunter S. Thompson would say if he was still around.
每天生气

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #12863 on: January 12, 2018, 01:23:47 PM »
https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/951585097483988992

Of course now today, having witnessed the backlash, they're pushing a new narrative that Trump didn't say those things. You're losing if you're argument is "actually he only called Africa a shit hole"

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #12864 on: January 12, 2018, 01:25:41 PM »

I find it hilarious that the 'shithole' comment is the one that confirms he's a racist for most people. The dude built his empire on racial discrimination.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #12865 on: January 12, 2018, 01:34:09 PM »

I find it hilarious that the 'shithole' comment is the one that confirms he's a racist for most people. The dude built his empire on racial discrimination.

It only confirms it for a certain demographic of white person (and not all white people) who lives in a bubble. Let's be honest. lots of people who voted for him agree with the shithole stuff but just wouldn't publicly admit it.

Whether its the Wall, or banning people, or Obama stuff, its all been racist. For years and for decades before it. It's just when a person reaches being president we have to pretend that he isn't a racist, because admitting you knowingly voted for a racist makes you look evil.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #12866 on: January 12, 2018, 01:40:29 PM »
At this point Trump can really get away with anything. The only way this will end is anti-climatic. He'll continue doing this stupid shit, pass very few legislation, and then not get re-elected.

The real danger here is if he opened the door for others just like him to come in.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12867 on: January 12, 2018, 01:44:46 PM »
So...what about the Fake News Awards? Are they still or nah?
dog

Nola

« Reply #12868 on: January 12, 2018, 01:50:06 PM »
In other news, Seth Rich has been putting in a ton of overtime from the grave recently:

Pawn Storm[also known as Sednit, Fancy Bear, APT28, Sofacy, and STRONTIUM], the hacking group aligned to the Russian government that penetrated the Democratic National Committee, has mounted additional "brazen  attacks" over the past eight months, including persistent targeting of the U.S. Senate internal email system, according to a cybersecurity firm that has tracked their progress.

Pawn Storm has been attacking political organizations in France, Germany, Montenegro, Turkey, Ukraine, and the United States since 2015. We saw attacks against political organizations again in the second half of 2017.

We have seen several International Olympic Wintersport Federations, such as the European Ice Hockey Federation, the International Ski Federation, the International Biathlon Union, the International Bobsleigh and Skeleton Federation and the International Luge Federation, among the group’s targets in the second half of 2017. This is noteworthy due to the timing correlation between several Russian Olympic players being banned for life in fall, 2017.

Beginning in June 2017, phishing sites were set up mimicking the ADFS (Active Directory Federation Services) of the U.S. Senate. By looking at the digital fingerprints of these phishing sites and comparing them with a large data set that spans almost five years, we can uniquely relate them to a couple of Pawn Storm incidents in 2016 and 2017.
http://blog.trendmicro.com/trendlabs-security-intelligence/update-pawn-storm-new-targets-politically-motivated-campaigns/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Anti-MalwareBlog+%28Trendlabs+Security+Intelligence+Blog%29

https://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/us/security/news/cyber-attacks/espionage-cyber-propaganda-two-years-of-pawn-storm

etiolate

« Reply #12869 on: January 12, 2018, 01:54:06 PM »
:lol

You take that and throw in people believing the gorilla channel story and that's why you can't get any real behavior accountability for Trump. Too many people are full of shit. You do have to actually be deserving of the higher ground in order to use it, which people should have figured out when Trump won in spite of everything.

People believed the gorilla channel story for like an hour.

It was never an actual thing. The joke is how plausible it sounds.

But you're a fucking idiot, and I don't know why I'm replying to you.

You all need to understand that this point of view is irrational. Start from the point of "I do not know this to be completely true."

Then find your way from there.

BTW, you reply to me because I have something to say and most here do not.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #12870 on: January 12, 2018, 04:09:37 PM »
So...what about the Fake News Awards? Are they still or nah?

he never said anything about that
rub

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #12872 on: January 12, 2018, 04:21:42 PM »
Whenever shit like this leaks, it's fun to guess whether the usual suspects will coalesce around denying it or defending it.

Nola

« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 04:37:17 PM by Nola »

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #12875 on: January 12, 2018, 05:09:01 PM »
Etoilet: The Macklemore of The Bore
Hi

Stoney Mason

« Reply #12877 on: January 12, 2018, 05:16:44 PM »

Trent Dole

« Reply #12878 on: January 12, 2018, 05:17:48 PM »
Say no way to Norway. :gun
Hi

shosta

« Reply #12879 on: January 12, 2018, 05:18:18 PM »
I got around to rereading JFK's inaugural address last night and, while it's impossible to truly know what it was like to be someone living in that time, I couldn't help but be filled with Kennedy's grand vision for America and the world. It was so audacious, but also inspirational. And it's a shame people always take that one quote out of context when really it was a call to arms to end poverty, end communism, end tyranny, end disease in a journey that could take a thousand years but had to begin now. Kennedy was obsessed with sacrifice and duty and really took to heart that a generation after wwii there was another opportunity for heroes to rise to the occasion.

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and success of liberty. This much we pledge – and more."

Both a threat and a rally in one line. Stunning.
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #12880 on: January 12, 2018, 05:19:50 PM »

Do we really want these people in our country?
每天生气

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #12881 on: January 12, 2018, 06:55:34 PM »
Also the like button disappeared for me a while back. Like this post to demand the mods fix it.
That happened for me too, turned out to be adblock. Maybe exempt the board from your ad block list?

« Reply #12882 on: January 12, 2018, 07:53:15 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
Do we really want these people in our country?

I don't know what you're talking about, all I see is a "very fine" person.  :doge

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #12883 on: January 12, 2018, 09:07:31 PM »
wait is oprah actually running for president in 2020? I thought that boondock meme was a joke.

Trent Dole

« Reply #12884 on: January 13, 2018, 12:04:11 AM »
She gave a speech at the Golden Globes and people have projected off of it a lot.
Hi

shosta

« Reply #12885 on: January 13, 2018, 01:53:58 AM »
Omg. My local news does a program every day or two days where people just call in and rant on the phone about the topic of the day, just like Washington Journal. Except it's local only (meaning Vegas crazies only) and there's no pretense of being respectable about it. Literally called The Rant.
每天生气

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #12886 on: January 13, 2018, 02:23:41 AM »
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/950884746082562048.html

:o

Stunningly deep and revealing thread on the Steele Dossier.

We are fucked.

Nola

« Reply #12887 on: January 13, 2018, 05:26:49 AM »
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/950884746082562048.html

:o

Stunningly deep and revealing thread on the Steele Dossier.

We are fucked.

261-264 sort of confused me when I read it the other day and so I just ignored it. Even re-reading with the author’s context of the Manafort notes I’m still a bit lost. I don’t see what she sees but idk, it’s early.

...,Though I think the Post and others have concluded with Simpson’s input and people close to Fusion  that the inside source is very likely Papadopoulos and the Australian diplomat.

As a side note, looking over her Twitter feed, I suspect Ivanka will probably not be featuring her organization and blog posts on her site much anymore, citing her heavily in her next book, or participating in her leadership conferences.

kingv

« Reply #12888 on: January 13, 2018, 09:29:29 AM »
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/368853-okeefe-trump-asked-me-to-get-obamas-college-records

So trump asked James’s o’Keefe to break into Columbia a few years ago and steal Obama’s transcripts.

This truly is stupid watergate.

kingv

« Reply #12889 on: January 13, 2018, 06:06:40 PM »
And today Trey Gowdy resigned from the House ethics committee. That makes him the second chai to do so in one year.

Wtf?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #12890 on: January 13, 2018, 06:08:44 PM »
And today Trey Gowdy resigned from the House ethics committee. That makes him the second chai to do so in one year.

Wtf?

Shit was so ethical, he's no long needed.  #SwampDrained
©@©™

« Reply #12891 on: January 13, 2018, 06:23:20 PM »

Wtf?

They clearly know something is coming.

GOP were willing to defend a pedophile, something has them shook.

kingv

« Reply #12892 on: January 13, 2018, 06:38:52 PM »
I thought the same... I’m sure they have a heads up because reporters probably ask for comments and shit.

In other news these people cheerleading Oprah disgust me. Like somehow hosting a talk show, and promoting dumb bullshit like The Secret is now enough to qualify you for President? She is like marginally better than trump, mostly because she is not a racist idiot.

shosta

« Reply #12893 on: January 13, 2018, 06:42:08 PM »

Wtf?
Now I'm a believer. Chaffetz and Gowdy are craven, opportunistic simps. The canary's dead. Get out of the mine.
每天生气

kingv

« Reply #12894 on: January 13, 2018, 06:49:03 PM »
Truth.

But there’s really no reason they would know anything the White House doesn’t want them to know. They have used their subpoena power exceedingly sparingly.

I wonder if some major story is about to break, or if Gowdy can just see the writing on the wall in general.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #12895 on: January 13, 2018, 06:59:24 PM »
Impeach.

Continue impeaching until DESIGNATED SURVIVOR scenario is realized.

kingv

« Reply #12896 on: January 13, 2018, 08:54:26 PM »
I feel like Oprah has the potential to be a Trump-lite for the Democratic Party.

Somebody that really has no business being in the Whitehouse, but has a decent shot at the nomination just based on who she is and and the ability to say the right things.

I couldn’t even tell you any of Oprah’s positions on any issues, yet half of twitter is creaming themselves at the thought of her running. I do think that she she COULD win, based on basically a mix of name recognition and checking all of the right demographic boxes, but like she doesn’t have any experience that seems at all relevant... other than she could probably do her own press briefings.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #12897 on: January 13, 2018, 10:17:34 PM »
Please no
püp

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12898 on: January 13, 2018, 10:40:47 PM »

Wtf?

Dunno if it got mentioned elsewhere, but Issa has said he won't be running for reelection. They did has been a House fixture for ages and was constantly running to the nearest available camera during the Obama years. No way does he bounce out unless there's something coming on the horizon.
dog

Nola

« Reply #12899 on: January 13, 2018, 11:47:14 PM »
Truth.

But there’s really no reason they would know anything the White House doesn’t want them to know. They have used their subpoena power exceedingly sparingly.

I wonder if some major story is about to break, or if Gowdy can just see the writing on the wall in general.

Gowdy is a major piece of shit. There isn't a BS conspiracy or political hack job Gowdy isn't down for carrying the water on, so either he has something coming down the pipeline against him personally, or like you said, he knows something and it is probably major.