Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5445606 times)

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| Everything is awful
« Reply #26042 on: October 21, 2018, 01:05:42 PM »
Whoa pay a dollar to read that article? What happened to the free press?!

Himu

« Reply #26043 on: October 21, 2018, 01:08:53 PM »
A series of decisions by the Obama administration loosened the legal concept of gender in federal programs, including in education and health care, recognizing gender largely as an individual’s choice and not determined by the sex assigned at birth.

Love the support but...it’s not a choice. To posit that it’s a choice is...ugh...problematic.

The department argued in its memo that key government agencies needed to adopt an explicit and uniform definition of gender as determined “on a biological basis that is clear, grounded in science, objective and administrable.” The agency’s proposed definition would define sex as either male or female, unchangeable, and determined by the genitals that a person is born with, according to a draft reviewed by The Times.

What if you’re intersex or have a deformity?

Any dispute about one’s sex would have to be clarified using genetic testing.

DNA testing. Right.

IYKYK

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #26044 on: October 21, 2018, 01:19:47 PM »
A series of decisions by the Obama administration loosened the legal concept of gender in federal programs, including in education and health care, recognizing gender largely as an individual’s choice and not determined by the sex assigned at birth.

Love the support but...it’s not a choice. To posit that it’s a choice is...ugh...problematic.
I could see the argument for making the standard that lax so that it includes people who flee to the US from countries that have laws against doctors/psychiatrists giving a diagnosis. Or giving the text of the law that much leeway might give it more breathing room when challenged in court.

Either way, it makes it easier for a conservative president to undo it. You can blame Obama for thinking most people (even politicians) are capable of changing their minds on social issues.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #26045 on: October 21, 2018, 01:22:32 PM »
Trump Administration Eyes Defining Transgender Out of Existence

welp

“We aren’t bigots!”
Let's fuck up everything for .0001 of the population

Yeah, no. Thank god Trump is stepping in on this mess.

Those with ambiguous cases should be treated on an individual by individual basis. Not change the whole broad scope of everything for fuck sakes. Seriously, like you said previously, shit like this is making people hate the trans community.

Himu

« Reply #26046 on: October 21, 2018, 01:29:47 PM »

welp

“We aren’t bigots!”

Those with ambiguous cases should be treated on an individual by individual basis. Not change the whole broad scope of everything for fuck sakes. Seriously, like you said previously, shit like this is making people hate the trans community.

I’m not sure how recognizing trans people exist fucks everything? Also do not put my words in my mouth. You are too stupid to understand context it seems.

I notice many of your ilk often use utilitarian means of argumentation. Utilitarianism is the most disgusting philosophy that is seen with validity.

Please back up the following claim with evidence:

How does recognizing trans people fuck up everything exactly?
IYKYK

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #26047 on: October 21, 2018, 01:48:06 PM »

welp

“We aren’t bigots!”

I’m not sure how recognizing trans people exist fucks everything? Also do not put my words in my mouth. You are too stupid to understand context it seems.

I notice many of your ilk often use utilitarian means of argumentation. Utilitarianism is the most disgusting philosophy that is seen with validity.

How does recognizing trans people fuck up everything exactly?
I understand perfectly fine the context in which you were talking about people turning on the trans community. Not sure how you do not see it applying to this in a broader sense? No one is going to look up these laws, no one is going to be well versed in this shit. They're going to continue to see people bending backwards (both media/government) to not offend a very small percentage of the population and they're going to start to hate you for it.

Reports of people putting "female" on their records and a doctor walks in and finds a biological male there with a penis.... come on. Like COME THE FUCK ON. That has to stop.

Himu

« Reply #26048 on: October 21, 2018, 01:56:41 PM »
You’re a very dumb person, a troll, or both.
IYKYK

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #26049 on: October 21, 2018, 02:01:47 PM »
*imagines a biological female with a penis in there instead*

:dsp

agrajag

« Reply #26050 on: October 21, 2018, 02:13:09 PM »
*imagines a biological female with a penis in there instead*

:dsp

Science will find a way to give Buck Angel a penis some day.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26051 on: October 21, 2018, 03:23:24 PM »

welp

“We aren’t bigots!”

Reports of people putting "female" on their records and a doctor walks in and finds a biological male there with a penis.... come on. Like COME THE FUCK ON. That has to stop.
Yeah, doctor is like ready to fuck and then blue balls smh
🤴

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26052 on: October 21, 2018, 03:34:09 PM »
At least put some effort into these posts ::)

lol get triggered college intellectual cuck
dog

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #26053 on: October 21, 2018, 03:40:22 PM »
word filters

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26054 on: October 21, 2018, 03:44:42 PM »
Ya, I made both of those word filters, breh.
dog

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #26055 on: October 21, 2018, 04:04:28 PM »
because I don't think biology should be bent to fit the agenda of .001 percent of the fucking population that feels they aren't "recognized"

oh please  ::)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26056 on: October 21, 2018, 04:09:57 PM »
You know, I could see why some deeply conservative values President might do this.

But Trump and his Arkham inmates seem to be rolling out plans like these in petty revenge.  :doge
🤴

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #26057 on: October 21, 2018, 04:13:32 PM »
What are you even on about? Biology was changed about as much as physics is changed by speed bumps.

Himu

« Reply #26058 on: October 21, 2018, 04:14:45 PM »
How has biology been bent exactly? Are you being forced to pop E pills? If it’s .001% of the population why does it bother you? The likelihood of you meeting a trans person is therefore slim. You’re intimidated by .001% of Americans. Let that sink in. You sound like a bitch. Trans people got you triggered? But we’re .001% of the population, surely you can deal? :doge Or are you that weak? I thought the left were supposed to be the snowflakes? Yet you can’t handle such a small number of people you don’t interact with in your day to day.

Always love how transphobes are all suddenly scientists.
IYKYK

jorma

« Reply #26059 on: October 21, 2018, 04:20:43 PM »
because I don't think biology should be bent to fit the agenda of .001 percent of the fucking population that feels they aren't "recognized"

just put "male" down at the doctors office and the doctor won't be as surprised when you whip out your penis in front of her

Aran

« Reply #26060 on: October 21, 2018, 05:55:07 PM »
I wish Reagan didn't close the asylums, we'd have the perfect place for all these special types

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #26061 on: October 21, 2018, 05:55:39 PM »

just put "male" down at the doctors office and the doctor won't be as surprised when you whip out your penis in front of her
nah she'll still be surprised.......

by how big it is  :D

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26062 on: October 21, 2018, 05:59:31 PM »
I wish Reagan didn't close the asylums, we'd have the perfect place for all these special types
"Nancy can't send me to an asylum if there aren't any"
 :rollsafe

Smart man

🤴

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #26063 on: October 21, 2018, 06:22:16 PM »
40+ percent of eligible voters don't vote. Instead of exploring this we should deny some people civil rights because not doing so offends a minority of a minority. Sometimes you just have to make grown up decisions.

Aran

« Reply #26064 on: October 21, 2018, 06:24:46 PM »
40+ percent of eligible voters don't vote. Instead of exploring this we should deny some people civil rights because not doing so offends a minority of a minority. Sometimes you just have to make grown up decisions.

Deciding you're actually a triple decepticon helicopter is not a civil right

Himu

« Reply #26065 on: October 21, 2018, 06:31:49 PM »

And here’s why you never use the word choice much less “identity” in relation to trans people. It can be used against you. Take note.

You’re absolutely right. Because no one decides to be a helicopter. However, trans people do exist as a group. And also are discriminated against in the workplace and elsewhere. All groups of people are liable to protection. Do you think trans people are mentally ill? Well, even mentally ill people are liable to civil rights and protections from abuse. Would that be correct?

Don’t even bother to answer. The question was rhetorical.

Because we all know what this is about and it’s just your own bigotry.
IYKYK

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #26066 on: October 21, 2018, 06:38:37 PM »
A triple helicopter Decepticon sounds rad af but is it like the union of several units (à la Devastator) or just something resembling an Osprey but it doesn't crash because the Transformers universe doesn't have an epic fail arms industry in it. Inquiring minds want to know.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #26067 on: October 21, 2018, 06:56:09 PM »

Can you shut up about bigotry, fuck.  Just because people do not agree with you does it make them bigots.

The trans situation is a tricky one because a lot of the times these trans individuals retain what made them the sex they say they are not. For example you're still a die hard fighting games fan... how many fucking females are into that shit? NOT MANY.

It brings a lot of stuff into question. How female are you really? Ya know? You post on the bore for christ sakes. I'm not saying that to put you down, or question your 'existence' but I'm still iffy on this subject despite still supporting your rights.

I have a problem with this movement when it tries to encroach on the population as a whole. For example - do I think young kids in elementary school should not have boy/girl definitions ? Taught that nonbinary is actually a thing??? To me that is problematic. It is a social experiment we do not know where it will lead and frankly one I don't think is worth having just for the sake of .0000011 of the goddamn population.

I think I have seen/ or ran into a trans person a handful of times in my life. Why should this stuff be taught to children? Just in case they DO happen to run into such an individual?? Like, huh?

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #26068 on: October 21, 2018, 07:03:53 PM »
Yeah I think you’re just having a hard time separating your expectations of genders for actual gender, Assy

agrajag

« Reply #26069 on: October 21, 2018, 07:04:17 PM »
Valkyrie, you heard the man. Get the fuck out!

:woooo

Himu

« Reply #26070 on: October 21, 2018, 07:09:08 PM »
Can you shut up about bigotry, fuck.  Just because people do not agree with you does it make them bigots.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/21/us/politics/transgender-trump-administration-sex-definition.html

Transgender’ Could Be Defined Out of Existence Under Trump Administration

:delicious

The trans situation is a tricky one because a lot of the times these trans individuals retain what made them the sex they say they are not. For example you're still a die hard fighting games fan... how many fucking females are into that shit? NOT MANY.

>”trans people stereotype gender to specific actions. Just because you like makeup doesn’t make you a woman.”
>”you are a diehard fighting game fan. How womanly is that?”

Your rhetoric is so arbitrary it is not only laughable it is inherently self defeating.

Oh no we must stop the trans people from playing fighting games :drudge
IYKYK

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #26071 on: October 21, 2018, 07:11:55 PM »

It brings a lot of stuff into question. How female are you really? Ya know? You post on the bore for christ sakes.

Huh. Didn't expect Assimilate, of all people, to argue that gender is mainly performative.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #26072 on: October 21, 2018, 07:28:02 PM »
Here is the point you miss CIndi-

most all of them retain those qualities.

You have perverse Hollywood and the media to blame for your woes. If the movement was kept civil, quiet, without the necessary holala that goes a long with giving Bruce Jenner a standing ovation and woman of the year award because she/he decided to put on a dress.......

these things create backlash.

Himu

« Reply #26073 on: October 21, 2018, 07:38:30 PM »
What

“Most retain those qualities”

How many trans people do you know? How do you know this? Or is it just an assumption? I like fighting games but I am also a big Sims and Animal Crossing.

I made these. :heartbeat

AM I AN REAL WOMYN NOW, Assy?
IYKYK

Kara

« Reply #26074 on: October 21, 2018, 07:46:09 PM »
Boys have a custom Hori stick, girls have Libraries of Alexandria full of otome games.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #26075 on: October 21, 2018, 07:49:31 PM »
Just when I thought this thread couldn’t get any worse.

Himu

« Reply #26076 on: October 21, 2018, 07:51:21 PM »
Let’s be real. The separation between gender is entirely dependent on if you fart or not. Real girls don’t fart. :doge
IYKYK

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #26077 on: October 21, 2018, 07:55:32 PM »
Boys use social media for yelling about sports teams, girls post memes that misattribute quotes about "fake friends" to Marilyn Monroe.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #26078 on: October 21, 2018, 07:57:30 PM »

You have perverse Hollywood and the media to blame for your woes. If the movement was kept civil, quiet, without the necessary holala that goes a long with giving Bruce Jenner a standing ovation and woman of the year award because she/he decided to put on a dress.......

This is a please protest quietly argument. And then people do with kneeling during the anthem and people still get mad.

Himu

« Reply #26079 on: October 21, 2018, 07:58:24 PM »
Boys go to Brazil and get into drunken bar fights with the locals, girls dump them
IYKYK

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #26080 on: October 21, 2018, 08:03:58 PM »
Men open liberty and crossbow rush their neighbors, women play 4-city tradition for a long-term tech advantage.

Aran

« Reply #26081 on: October 21, 2018, 09:22:55 PM »

And here’s why you never use the word choice much less “identity” in relation to trans people. It can be used against you. Take note.

You’re absolutely right. Because no one decides to be a helicopter. However, trans people do exist as a group. And also are discriminated against in the workplace and elsewhere. All groups of people are liable to protection. Do you think trans people are mentally ill? Well, even mentally ill people are liable to civil rights and protections from abuse. Would that be correct?

Male.

Female.

Broken and being put away for treatment.

There's the spectrum for ya.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #26082 on: October 21, 2018, 09:40:45 PM »

hey guys remember, before the protests of the 50s/60s, when black people were civil and dressed in suits and simply asked for their rights? I remember their civility being appreciated by those who disagreed with them, and eventually they -

oh wait nevermind, they got lynched in their suits and ties.

kingv

« Reply #26083 on: October 21, 2018, 09:45:26 PM »
Aran is the vengeful ghost of etoilet.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #26084 on: October 21, 2018, 09:59:46 PM »

hey guys remember, before the protests of the 50s/60s, when black people were civil and dressed in suits and simply asked for their rights? I remember their civility being appreciated by those who disagreed with them, and eventually they -

oh wait nevermind, they got lynched in their suits and ties.
I always find this comparison hilarious. They are nothing alike.

Himu

« Reply #26085 on: October 21, 2018, 10:00:35 PM »

Male.

Female.

I don’t claim that gender is a spectrum. :doge

In fact, I reject the idea of a spectrum.

Oops.
IYKYK

Aran

« Reply #26086 on: October 21, 2018, 10:10:43 PM »

Male.

Female.

I don’t claim that gender is a spectrum. :doge

In fact, I reject the idea of a spectrum.

Oops.

Looks like you fit in cat 3

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26087 on: October 21, 2018, 10:12:33 PM »

Male.

Female.

-Male

-Female

-Permabanned

Guess which category you're in.
dog

Himu

« Reply #26088 on: October 21, 2018, 10:14:30 PM »
GOOD DOG!!! That’s a good boy!!
IYKYK

Kara

« Reply #26089 on: October 21, 2018, 10:19:12 PM »
Annihilated.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #26090 on: October 21, 2018, 11:58:28 PM »
the Transformers universe [that does] have an epic fail arms industry in it
would watch

benjipwns

« Reply #26091 on: October 22, 2018, 12:01:55 AM »
oh god reminds me in the Clerks episode where the "Korean Animation Studio" finishes the episode*, a car or bus or something transforms into a robot crushing all the people inside

*who is driving? oh my god bear is driving! how can that be?!?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 12:08:27 AM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

« Reply #26092 on: October 22, 2018, 12:03:11 AM »
more than just the Korean animators; because these dreams are amazing too and this video was posted on YouTube eleven years ago

NO IT WILL BE YOU WHO IS THE ONE ESCAPING

Kara

« Reply #26093 on: October 22, 2018, 12:03:37 AM »
Big American dance party!

spoiler (click to show/hide)
#problematic content
[close]

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #26094 on: October 22, 2018, 12:11:12 AM »
more than just the Korean animators; because these dreams are amazing too and this video was posted on YouTube eleven years ago

NO IT WILL BE YOU WHO IS THE ONE ESCAPING

i love that the "we ran out of money" gag is followed by a scene where Reinholt's shirt changes between blue and yellow every other shot :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #26095 on: October 22, 2018, 12:21:08 AM »
my favorite part of having seen this when it originally aired (other than trying to figure out what the hell just happened) was that ABC only showed two random episodes, this one and then the one where they get locked in the freezer, and the second one is the one that flashes back constantly to events from the first episode (which they didn't air) so until like a decade later or whatever it was when Comedy Central or Adult Swim finally aired the whole series i never knew it was anything more than a stupid random gag, it was a stupid deliberate gag!

also trying to describe this ending to people at school the next day since it was like the funniest thing i'd seen on TV, or at least ABC, since The Critic had been cancelled

benjipwns

« Reply #26096 on: October 22, 2018, 12:24:14 AM »
of the six episodes, one is a flashback episode, one is a bottle episode where they never leave the store yet all this stuff is supposedly happening just outside, and a third is their high school reunion :lol

guess it makes sense considering the showrunner wasn't Smith, but a Seinfeld writer

benjipwns

« Reply #26097 on: October 22, 2018, 12:29:25 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #26098 on: October 22, 2018, 12:46:49 AM »

because I don't think biology the politik thread should be bent to fit the agenda of .001 percent of the fucking population that feels they aren't "recognized" want to talk about Clerks: The Animated Series

Himu

« Reply #26099 on: October 22, 2018, 12:49:35 AM »
Animated Politik
IYKYK