Author Topic: RELATIONSHIPS: helping wizards deplete their mana since 2011  (Read 1407710 times)

skullstorm

Re: RELATIONSHIPS: helping wizards deplete their mana since 2011
« Reply #10320 on: March 04, 2019, 02:13:27 PM »
Is that her whole name dude

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #10321 on: March 04, 2019, 02:19:02 PM »
Now demi can really slide in dem DM's
:9

Rahxephon91

« Reply #10322 on: March 04, 2019, 02:20:37 PM »
Yeah I forgot I changed her contact to her full name. It was hidden and I’m only posting on the bore so I guess I wasn’t thinking. I deleted it. Thanks and sorry, but did you see what I mean skull.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #10323 on: March 04, 2019, 02:22:19 PM »
Well that’s the end of me.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #10324 on: March 04, 2019, 02:22:23 PM »
Yo she said he needs to take a midol. When a woman perceives you as a dude who nags you need to really walk it all back real fast. Rahx, you're poisoning the well with your incessant need to be reassured.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #10325 on: March 04, 2019, 02:25:25 PM »
Well that’s the end of me.

I’m not doing shit dude don’t worry lol

I just like to joke.
I was making a Simpsons reference.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #10326 on: March 04, 2019, 02:27:05 PM »
Yo she said he needs to take a midol. When a woman perceives you as a dude who nags you need to really walk it all back real fast. Rahx, you're poisoning the well with your incessant need to be reassured.
Uh that’s because I said I was acting like a bitch. I haven’t been nagging her. In fact I haven’t even iniated these conversations. She did.

And that’s your take away? Like you can’t see the distinct difference on how we’ve been talking. Ok then. The funny thing is she has said I don’t nag her.

And while I agree I need to stop asking what’s wrong...I don’t think it’s crazy to ask your friend/gf/bf/whatever is something wrong when it seems like they are off.

It’s funny I’ve crowd sourced this with two female friends. One of them I don’t agree with because she does want her guys always checking up on her.

The other one said she is  trying to be visibly upset so that I  know, but also won’t say anything because I should already know what’s wrong with her because women are crazy.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 02:32:14 PM by Rahxephon91 »

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #10327 on: March 04, 2019, 02:40:25 PM »
Its impossible to say whats up with her but all you can do is take control of your interactions with her. Be emotionally available but stop clobbering her with long text when shes obviously not being receptive to your concern.

Also, I've found its best to sit down and talk it out in person. Harder to be dismissive and get down to it. But you're both in an odd space, you've just met and yet are navigating whatever this is.

Go about your life, be there if she reaches out. Stop killing yourself over it. One of those scenarios where the more you struggle the worse it gets.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #10328 on: March 04, 2019, 02:49:07 PM »
Well that’s what I was trying to do Blu. That’s why I told her to not worry about me and just focus on her thing. I’m good and I’ll be around. I’m not even texting her. I’m leaving her alone.

But I also a set up a thing with an old female friend. So I’m ready to move on if need be. This girl also at least sucks dick without me having to wear a flavored condom. So..

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #10329 on: March 04, 2019, 03:05:08 PM »
This girl also at least sucks dick without me having to wear a flavored condom. So..

Lmfao

Greener pastures  :popular

Rahxephon91

« Reply #10330 on: March 04, 2019, 03:19:56 PM »
Truth be told, I don’t want to. I don’t actually like this old friend that way. I just know she’s easy. And I really like this girl which is why I’m going insane and having my worst qualities come out.

But anyway I also showed this to my female friend who kind of set this up and has honestly been my guide the whole time.

What she had to add is diffrent from the bore. She said the bitch is crazy. That she probably is really stressed out but it was still rude and bitchy to flip out on me for using a flippint reply like “whatever” when she’s been doing it all the time to me. But I’m not nagging her, I’m trying to explain where I’m coming from and she probably can’t understand because she is in a weird spot. That when her boyfriend is stressed he also acts weird and when she reacts fed up to it he says she’s the one acting weird. But when whatever is stressing him out is over he goes back to normal. She said it’s clear she’s not done with me.

Anyway hopefully when her thing is over she gets back to normal. Then I can stop posting here. I mean the girl is also on lots of drugs like Adderall and other anti-depressants. Maybe some new one is also messing with her. Again this isn’t the first time she’s got stressed and gotten pissy. Maybe this is just one of her faults.

skullstorm

« Reply #10331 on: March 04, 2019, 04:56:22 PM »
Yeah I forgot I changed her contact to her full name. It was hidden and I’m only posting on the bore so I guess I wasn’t thinking. I deleted it. Thanks and sorry, but did you see what I mean skull.

Well benji's back so you gotta be careful with these doxxing opportunities!  :doge

Anyway yeah I did read the texts and I did see a difference, yeah, but she said it herself that she's worrying about the work thing and doesn't have time for anything else. I bet she just can't handle stress like at all and like I said, I can be that way too and could see myself snapping like that at someone who's texting me and trying to be supportive or take my mind off it or whatever. She might even feel like a dick about it but is too engulfed in her own shit to say sorry or act nicer.

So yeah she was a bit rude lol but if she's still initiating the texts she obviously wants to keep in contact but can't help slipping into bitch on wheels attitude. I know that feel. Like you want to make sure the other person doesn't think you're ignoring them but at the same time it's almost like a chore at a time when you really don't need it so you might say insulting shit because it makes you feel better to get some of that stress rage out. She wouldn't take it out on a semi-friend but on a boyfriend, yes. She likes you enough to be pissy at you because she's expecting that it won't make you run away because you like her too. If it was a meaningless fling to her she'd just block you if she found you annoying. Just wait until you have a fight irl and then have angry make up sex  8)

But also, you shouldn't make fun of your dick not working, don't remind her especially by wallowing in it, even though you framed it as a joke. Just don't do that. It's not good for you either. Your dick is fine. Women's bits aren't always cooperative either and the mind can play a huge factor in it for them too. When that happens you just do other stuff and don't start beating yourself up about it.

And while she is stressed out like that don't send her multiple texts in a row or long texts in general, she probably doesn't have the energy to read them and reply to them. Better just do what I guess she does, let her know that you're thinking about her but don't try to start a conversation since she clearly doesn't want one. She seems to want a fight. Some women like fighting btw and think guys who won't argue back are pussies. You can't have angry sex with a pussy. But please don't fight with her over text since there's so much missing nuance and you may say something you think is satirical but she won't get it and woo boy, then you're in real trouble.

I still think she'll be back to her normal self after the work thing is over but in the mean time, don't give her any ammo or reason to think you're a pussy or annoyingly needy like her ex. But I guess it's good to know she sucks at handling stressful situations so you know to try and avoid getting into them with her.

/drphil

Rahxephon91

« Reply #10332 on: March 04, 2019, 07:52:01 PM »
Well the bore has never really lead me astray. So I’m going to try and take the advice here as much as possible. I don’t want to fuck this up beyond whatever I’ve alreadt done. I just think she’s a very stressful and anxious person and right now my mishap was bad timing. So I’m going to chill as much as possible. Maybe not even text her. I talked to my female freeness and none of them think she wants to end anything and I don’t either.

And I got a “I’ll miss you too reply” so it must not be that bad.

Hopefully I won’t be posting here for a bit and hopefully she comes back and wants to ride my bones.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #10333 on: March 04, 2019, 09:20:20 PM »
Well I don’t know how to answer that. This is a learning experience for me yknow and it’s a real trial by fire. This isn’t the first time she’s gotten moody about her event, but they were easily calm down and well lead to sex. But they were calmed down probably because the event could be pushed away. Now it’s here so maybe that’s why she’s getting real anxious.

She does have one of those dogs for anxitity so it’s not like this isn’t an actual thing.

But I’d also say this seems to be her first actual relationship. So maybe she dose t know how to handle it either. I mean she’s only had 4 previous partners and she’s said I’m the one who’s treated her the best and been mindful of her feelings. The 37 year old virgin I get the impression was not healthy from what’s she said. He was her supervisor and as she said the sex started as a quid pro quo thing. He also had access to her apartment and would just show up. It seems like something she just got comfortable with and then it was ok. But I have a feeling it didn’t end well even though it lasted two years. The other guys sound pretty bad as well. One of them just stoped talking to her after they did it. An older guy just ended there thing after revealing he was seeing somebody else. And last guy was in his 20s while she was in her teens and they just used drugs anyway. I mean she even said our sex is one of the few times she was able to do it while not drunk or on something. This isn’t even mentioning the abuse she suffers in her early teens from a friends uncle.

So I do t know she’s been through some shit. And while we’ve only been talking for 4 months with it escalating to sex only recently I mean I feel it’s been good and so I think it’s worth dealing with her anxitity if that is what this is. I mean even in four months I know when I’m talking to her and somethings wrong or not. While I am crazy I mean I could tell this was not her usual attitude.

So I don’t know it’s worth it now if we can get past this then I’ll be pretty happy. I am just going to try and give her her space. Hence I told to not even worry or think about me. Yes I have a problem with being reassured but I mean I don’t know I’ve got issues.

I think things are ok for now....

We’ll see in a week I guess.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #10334 on: March 04, 2019, 09:23:53 PM »
never mind everything we said before. run, bitch!! run for your life!

Himu

« Reply #10335 on: March 06, 2019, 01:46:04 PM »
WAIT
WAIT

CATCH ME UP

RAH GOT LAID?!?!
IYKYK

skullstorm

« Reply #10336 on: March 06, 2019, 02:17:33 PM »
Oh yeah but wait til you find out what happened next :esports

Himu

« Reply #10337 on: March 06, 2019, 02:20:33 PM »
what page do i start to catch up on this
IYKYK

skullstorm

« Reply #10338 on: March 06, 2019, 02:32:31 PM »
196 was when the first sex happened but there's probably pages and pages of waffling before that. And after.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #10339 on: March 06, 2019, 02:51:22 PM »
It starts on 183.

Also I'm a decent looking person who isn't trash, is awkward, but not creepy, takes care of themselves hygiene wise anyway, is'n't dumb, and though you won't believe me I do have an ok personality in real life. It's not impossible for me to have sex.

I have plenty of problems. Maybe more or no more than the average person, I don't know. I'm picky, judgemental, very hard on myself, have an incredibly fluctuating and fragile ego/confidence, am prone to self sabotage. But every once in a while I'm able to at least hide those things for a bit and socialize with people.

Himu

« Reply #10340 on: March 06, 2019, 02:53:03 PM »
It starts on 183.

Also I'm a decent looking person who isn't trash, is awkward, but not creepy, takes care of themselves hygiene wise anyway, is'n't dumb, and though you won't believe me I do have an ok personality in real life. It's not impossible for me to have sex.

I have plenty of problems. Maybe more and no more than the average person, I don't know. I'm picky, judgemental, very hard on myself, an incredibly fluctuating and fragile ego/confidence, and prone to self sabotage. But every once in a while I'm able to at least hide those things for a bit and socialize with people.

omfg

OMFG

RAH SAYS HE'S DECENT LOOKING AND NOT UGLY.

I'VE BEEN TELLING YOU THIS FOR YEARS

IYKYK

Rahxephon91

« Reply #10341 on: March 06, 2019, 03:00:24 PM »
Anyway, I think everything is ok right now. After the conversation where I told her to not worry about me as I'm not going anywhere, focus on yourself. She seemed to calm down a bit and return to herself. I actually got answers beyond non-starters like "ok", "whatever", and '?". Maybe she also realized that she was being a little pissy. Before she boarded her plane we had a decent text conversation that was like they normally are and she'd let me know when she landed. Which she did and then she even followed up on whats going on later.

So I actually think your post was right on the money Skullstorm. Complete with she probably feels the need to message just to let me know she's still talking to me. I'm just hoping when she comes back everything goes back to normal and we can get fuckin again.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #10342 on: March 06, 2019, 05:21:07 PM »
Because boring bitches live in those two states. So a boring nonsensical conversation between a real Iowa girl and a bot is nearly indistinguishable

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #10343 on: March 06, 2019, 06:18:49 PM »
Maybe she also realized that she was being a little pissy.

Oh yeah, must be that.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #10344 on: March 06, 2019, 06:42:21 PM »
Maybe she also realized that she was being a little pissy.

Oh yeah, must be that.
I'm aware you're being sarcastic and trying to make a dig at me. But seeing as how I actually know the person and can tell when they are giving off a diffrent vibe. I'm going to say they were being a bit miffed. Was it understandable why they were? Yes, but it wasn't entirely my fault.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #10345 on: March 06, 2019, 07:31:11 PM »
With women, first you gotta mea culpa outta that fucka

Rahxephon91

« Reply #10346 on: March 06, 2019, 07:40:16 PM »
Oh I already know that with women. I'll accept any blame and expect no apology, acknoldgement, or whatever as long as things can move past any rough patch. Hence I did'nt say "you've been acting bitchy" just "you've been a bit off".

Rahxephon91

« Reply #10347 on: March 07, 2019, 06:20:57 PM »
https://imgur.com/a/AvSgYVu

I think we are good.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #10348 on: March 07, 2019, 06:25:19 PM »
i mean you can hit that :lol

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #10349 on: March 07, 2019, 07:36:13 PM »

I think we are good.

So are you done overreacting over shit yet or
fat

Rahxephon91

« Reply #10350 on: March 07, 2019, 07:59:13 PM »
Probably not.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #10351 on: March 07, 2019, 08:33:31 PM »
I’m genuinely happy things are working out for Rahx.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #10352 on: March 07, 2019, 08:50:31 PM »
Me too!
püp

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #10353 on: March 07, 2019, 09:31:37 PM »
Can't wait for the epic 'she wants Wendys but I want McDonalds' fallout. Until then, split them cheeks.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #10354 on: March 07, 2019, 09:56:33 PM »
Rahx that shit made me smile. If you gotta do your over thinkin shit, keep it at the bore, we got you

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #10355 on: March 08, 2019, 07:46:06 AM »
Can't wait for the epic 'she wants Wendys but I want McDonalds' fallout. Until then, split them cheeks.
That's reasonable.  Wendy's is garbage food.  Nasty, greasy, sloppy burgers and soft flavorless floppy dick fries.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #10357 on: March 08, 2019, 08:40:23 AM »
Xbox and chill :drool

Rahxephon91

« Reply #10358 on: March 08, 2019, 11:02:13 AM »

I think we are good.

Rahx da gawd :bow2

"Xbox date"

Yeah, no.
Its what we’ve been calling when she brings over her Xbox and we both play at the same time.

Also someone’s a little dismissive.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #10359 on: March 08, 2019, 11:07:42 AM »
So to recap, the last few seasons, Atra = Successfully laid. Rahx = Successfully laid. Where's Kramit? Did he go missing after baby momma girl? And Dufus? Where's Dufus we need to start his arch.
que

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #10360 on: March 08, 2019, 11:10:40 AM »
Don't back off from Xbox date Rahx. Women love the silly things.  Own it!
que

Rahxephon91

« Reply #10361 on: March 08, 2019, 11:28:48 AM »
I'm not backing off from it. It was her idea. It's fun. I set up a tv for her and she brings her xbox. Drink a few beers. It's like a lame lan party.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #10362 on: March 08, 2019, 11:29:54 AM »
sounds like fun to me. all the haters are just jelly their ladies won't lan party with them

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #10363 on: March 08, 2019, 12:47:34 PM »
So I've had quite a week. It kind of sucks, but I'm kind of relieved. Either way, long post incoming...

I've been seeing my girlfriend for almost a year now. I mentioned late last year that she had said she loves me in bed. I considered it just talk and we've been moving along just fine. She would say it every once in a while and I honestly found it hot. She and my wife began communicating with each other through me. Passing pictures, telling me what to say to the other, etc. We had a date set up for a getaway for all 3 of us to have some drinks and spend a night in a nice hotel room.

Then last Friday she drops a surprise on me and tells me she needs to tell me something (I'm fearing something like "I'm pregnant" or some shit) but tells me again that she loves me. I tell her that I know because she's told me before thinking it's the same dirty talk until she's like "no. i really do." We have a short conversation but it's basically her saying nothing has to change between us because she knows it's not what I want and she's okay with that. She asks me if I have any feelings for her. I tell her that I care about her because we've grown pretty close but that I don't have any romantic feelings at all.  I also tell her that she doesn't know me as well as she probably thinks she does. That she only sees one side of me when we're together. I tell my wife about it the next night and tell her I think I need to end things with the girlfriend. She's just a bit surprised and tells me that she doesn't like the idea of it getting complicated but that I know her best and I'll be able to figure out what's best for all of us.

So a couple of days later I get a chance to have a quick conversation with her. She tells me that she's felt that way for a while now, that I'm stupid and blind because I couldn't see it and she was worried that my wife would see it immediately when we meet up. She said she had tried to convince herself that it wasn't the right thing to tell me for a long time because it was just an infatuation but when I got into my motorcycle accident she knew it was real. She still kept saying nothing had to change and she wasn't asking anything from me but I told her you can't just drop something like that and expect things not to change, especially when the other person doesn't feel the same.

So fast forward to Wednesday when I see her. She's dressed in a one of those professional skirts and blouses, black strappy tall shoes (don't know what the fuck they're called). She's gotten her nails done, pedicure and manicure and puts my hand between her legs to feel that she's wearing crotchless panties. This is all very out of character for her. When we fuck she's telling me to tell my wife not to be mad at her and then right after whispering in my ear not to leave her. I can't deny that I thought it was hot as fuck. I went home and told my wife about it, we fucked and then we had a serious conversation about it. I asked her if I should end it with her still. My wife again tells me she can't make that decision for me because she doesn't know her. But she said it all sounds dangerous and like someone is going to get hurt. The worst part is that the girlfriend tells me that nothing has to change but then she goes and does this stuff out of character which is a big sign to me that it's not true. The cat's out of the bag and at the very least we'll change the way we work trying to contain it.

So I told her I wanted to talk to her. We meet up and I told her to just give me a minute and let out this long blurb telling her I didn't want to lose her as a friend but that we should end it because I don't see a scenario that it ends well. I told her it was probably my fault for bringing more intimacy into what we had by telling her things and letting her more into my life. I said I really wished she hadn't said anything but that I get why she did. I mentioned that even though I liked the way she seduced me the other day, it wasn't her and that things had already changed. I said I didn't want to lose her as a friend because she's basically the closest person to me now besides my wife and I don't get close to people easily. I also said I'd be lying about how she might react. She knows enough about my wife and I and has enough access to people I know to maybe not ruin our lives, but embarrass the fuck out of us with people we know since no one really knows what we are into. She was crying a bit but said that I was probably right and that since Wednesday she's been having similar thoughts. She said after we were done she had a moment like "What am I doing?" because that's not how she acts and likes to think she's above doing that to make a man love her. Especially for one that she knows she can't have. I asked her why she thinks she loves me because I still think she's projecting. She basically said that outside of the way I make her feel sexy and wanted but telling her that I like the parts of her body she feels most insecure about, that she loves how she can tell me anything and confide in me and how I empower her when she tells me that she wants to do something. I told her a decent man will love her body as much as I do because she is sexy and that I will always be there to listen to her because I'm her friend. We had one last breakup fuck and then that was it.

She sent me a couple of jokey messages since which is a good sign but I'm pretty sure things might change over the next few days or weeks. I really hope we can stay friends. I sent a text to my wife and told her everything that was said too. It's nice to be able to do that with my wife since I don't really have anyone I can talk to about these things except you guys and her. I've read about other wives/situations where it's basically "don't tell me shit about it." and that sounds awful. I'm also now a one woman man for the first time in like 4 years. I don't really have anyone to call like I used to as a side chick and to be honest, I don't really have the urge.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #10364 on: March 08, 2019, 01:09:56 PM »
Your supportive wife :bow2

Sounds like you got away clean from a sticky situation, Mups da god

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #10365 on: March 08, 2019, 02:23:02 PM »
Definitely sounds like she had intentions that weren't good;  you handled it like a champ.
Your supportive wife :bow2

Sounds like you got away clean from a sticky situation, Mups da god

Thanks guys.  I really do love my wife. This was the first time I was worried about telling her something from one my flings. I really didn't know how she'd react but she was amazing and just asked me normal questions that I would have asked like "do you love her?" and "what do you want to do?" and then talked me through how she saw it.

I'm not sure if her intentions were really bad, at least consciously. I know she's got a lot going on and I think she really thought she could keep it the same way but saw her mistake after she said it and did what she thought she could to salvage it. I really do feel bad for her. or maybe I'm just naive.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #10366 on: March 08, 2019, 04:28:23 PM »
now that you're a one girl man, have you considered maybe she could i dunno, be a two man girl

joe and i are available. hit us up.
fat

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #10367 on: March 08, 2019, 04:31:22 PM »
he says one woman... so how many men?  :-[

« Reply #10368 on: March 08, 2019, 04:33:37 PM »
I'm not big on sharing so I could never do it, but damn that sounds like so much work.
野球

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #10369 on: March 08, 2019, 06:41:46 PM »
Mups I gotta say you and I approach things so different, even in this. I got mad respect for you.
I guess the old, "Go to puppy if you want a relationship, go to Mupepe if you want to get laid" still holds true.
Sorta feel bad for the girl, can't blame her for catching feelings after a year. That's almost to be expected in most people.
Also, when are we gonna fuck?
que

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #10370 on: March 09, 2019, 09:58:06 AM »
I’m equal opportunity, if my wife wants demi and Joe then I am more than happy to watch  :-[

This is the most work it’s ever been. For 8 years it’s been relatively stress free. This is the first time it’s ever actually gotten complicated and the most stressful part was explaining an intimate moment with another woman to my wife and again, yeah I’m sure it’s my fault. I usually keep strict boundaries that I didn’t this time because she was so receptive to things in the beginning. Lesson learned. These things usually just end gradually as we get bored just fucking each other and calling each other less and less. 

Puppy, right now. Come over boo.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 10:03:04 AM by Mupepe »

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #10371 on: March 09, 2019, 10:04:43 AM »
It’s crazy intimate to talk about being with someone else with the person you love.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #10372 on: March 09, 2019, 12:38:46 PM »
I love how the act of fucking is like a punctuation to every other sentence in Mups post lol

I also could never share, i'm a jealous fucker. I also find that trait hot in another. A product of low self-esteem.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 01:25:57 PM by BlueTsunami »

PsychoBee

« Reply #10373 on: March 09, 2019, 02:01:23 PM »
not sure if this is the right thread, but something i've been chewing on the last week or so

been in a "kind of" relationship with one girl for some time, sometimes we'd go off and date someone else, talk to eachother about our relationships, things like that- but when it inevitably didn't work we'd just go back to how things were "as usual", flirting with each other, sort of half-dates, but more of "we're going out as best friends!" kind of things than actual dates, not really romantic, just more fun, things have been very comfortable with her, we even had sex a few times (the first time we were both drunk, and then a few times after that casually when the mood seemed right) but there was never any talk of anything more serious or heavy

flashforward about two years ago when I got out of a long relationship with my ex and she caught her fiance cheating on her, we had a sort of bonding moment of "wow our partners suck fuck people etc" and we had this .. moment? it was like suddenly things were a lot more intense, although neither of us was willing to commit to anything, it was definitely a lot heavier and more passionate than anything we've ever done before, sex incl, and it was weird as hell, honestly

that lasted a few months, and then things calmed down kind of, her and her fiance worked things out, they eventually got married, but she still kept acting like we did when we were both single- occassionally sending me nudes, talking about the times we slept together, things like that. I just sort of put it in the back of my mind because she was married, and the one time I sat her down to talk with her about "hey whats going on whats up with this" and she told me I was misreading things, that her husband knew she was sending this stuff (although she'd always have to do it secretly and nowhere permanent because she was afraid he'd find out ?? red flags but it's not my life so I just kept to my lane) so I was like whatever, I'm too old to deal with this, I'll just do whatever

our friendship kind of returned to a somewhat normal state (with rare moments of her trying to act more like a girlfriend than friend, but that was usually when she was fighting with her husband)

flash forward again, her and her husband are fighting every day, and she's talking about getting a divorce, I've been trying to be there for her, but I've been talking to another girl for the last two months who's poly, and things between us got a bit heavy- I've been wanting to experiment with a poly relationship, and she knows it's new to me and told me if I ever decided to take our friendship a step further she'd be there for me and help me through it, because she thinks I might be poly as well, based on some of my past relationships and other things I've told her

Old friend found out about this and got really pissed off at me, basically told me she loved me and always loved me, was just waiting for me to take the first step and make us official, she never wanted to be with her husband but wanted to start a family and figured I'd never give her the time of day, etc. which.. caught me off guard, but she's also mono, and I'm really questioning if I am, or if I could be for her?

Kinda stuck in the scenario of do I choose the girl who I've known for almost two decades now that I'd be comfortable with, or do I choose the new girl who's exciting, been very supportive of a lot of discoveries I've been making about myself, helping me discover new things about myself, and at the very least help me figure out who I am?
dumb

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #10374 on: March 09, 2019, 03:07:37 PM »
Sounds like she developed a codepence on you both being there for eachother. The fact that shes spiraling out from a marriage is a huge red flag at the moment. Shouldn't be on you to save her from that. Go with what you feel is healthiest for you versus the feeling of being there for her. I mean, yeah be there for her emotionally but starting a family from a state of panic? Sheeeit.

Beezy

« Reply #10375 on: March 09, 2019, 05:57:14 PM »
Mupepe and Puppy, have either of your wives had a boyfriend in your open marriage? Did that go well? Did they speak openly about them to you? Did you ever meet them?

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #10376 on: March 09, 2019, 06:11:05 PM »
My wife has one now. It’s just as fun for us as when I tell her about my adventures. My wife only had two over 8 years and she sees him a lot less often then I see people. I’ve never met them but I don’t know how that would go. I’d like to say I wouldn’t have a problem but I can’t say for sure. She does speak openly about him and I don’t feel any jealousy, but I also speak openly about mine. We have gotten comfortable enough that we can mentioned things about them outside the bedroom without it being awkward or a problem. Like I can tell my wife “she mentioned we check out this show and she said she’s going to do this weekend and that sounds fun blah blah blah”. Just to be clear, we aren’t involved romantically with these people. The meetups we have are strictly sexual and generally don’t communicate with them unless it’s about meeting up. That was something I kind of let slip with my girlfriend. Outside of a very very random meme or something, I didn’t ever text or call her. After my accident she started to text every day. At first it was “how are feeling” and then it turned it into “what are you up to?” I told my wife and mentioned it was weird but I didn’t put 2 and 2 together until after she said she loved me. When I didn’t reciprocate last Friday the texts stopped cold.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #10377 on: March 09, 2019, 06:21:11 PM »
Psycho: that girl sounds broken and it sounds like a hell of a lot of baggage with little room for success as a relationship. It seems like the most relevant question is if you could even make it with her. I’d probably quite honestly tell her you’re looking to see what’s down this other path and ask if she wants to go on that adventure with you.

PsychoBee

« Reply #10378 on: March 09, 2019, 06:30:19 PM »
Psycho: that girl sounds broken and it sounds like a hell of a lot of baggage with little room for success as a relationship. It seems like the most relevant question is if you could even make it with her. I’d probably quite honestly tell her you’re looking to see what’s down this other path and ask if she wants to go on that adventure with you.
I brought it up once, but she was extremely against the idea, saying she didn't want to share me, etc.

Actually talking about it and thinking about it kinda really helps put it into perspective, kinda? Like in the moment I didn't realize just how crazy it sounded until I took the time to write it all out and actually think about what our relationship had been and how possessive she had always been of me

Thanks y'all, Im gonna take y'all's advice and just give the new girl a shot, and see if I can even still be friends with the old girl, which theres quite a few details I left out because the post had become long enough as-is and they weren't relevant, but in hindsight there are a lot of red flags to our entire relationship and I'll try to maintain the friendship, but I think with how things have been going the last year or so this will be the breaking point for us
dumb

Beezy

« Reply #10379 on: March 09, 2019, 07:18:19 PM »
My wife has one now. It’s just as fun for us as when I tell her about my adventures. My wife only had two over 8 years and she sees him a lot less often then I see people. I’ve never met them but I don’t know how that would go. I’d like to say I wouldn’t have a problem but I can’t say for sure. She does speak openly about him and I don’t feel any jealousy, but I also speak openly about mine. We have gotten comfortable enough that we can mentioned things about them outside the bedroom without it being awkward or a problem. Like I can tell my wife “she mentioned we check out this show and she said she’s going to do this weekend and that sounds fun blah blah blah”. Just to be clear, we aren’t involved romantically with these people. The meetups we have are strictly sexual and generally don’t communicate with them unless it’s about meeting up. That was something I kind of let slip with my girlfriend. Outside of a very very random meme or something, I didn’t ever text or call her. After my accident she started to text every day. At first it was “how are feeling” and then it turned it into “what are you up to?” I told my wife and mentioned it was weird but I didn’t put 2 and 2 together until after she said she loved me. When I didn’t reciprocate last Friday the texts stopped cold.

Thanks. I asked because I'm currently someone's "boyfriend" and every now and then I wonder if her husband is jealous at all. I hung out with both of them a few times before this all started, haven't seen him since, but she says he's fine with it and wants to hang out again.