Author Topic: Bore Comics Thread: Crisis On Infinite Megathreads  (Read 830232 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Bore Comics Thread: Crisis On Infinite Megathreads
« Reply #5400 on: September 24, 2018, 02:20:37 PM »
https://www.cbr.com/return-of-wolverine-prequel-possibility/

Interesting take on the story that theorizes Wolverine is still dead in this story and that it's a prequel to him actually coming back to life in last year's Marvel Legacy.  Sure, I could see that.

OK, but then-
But that’s not all. In the issue, Wolverine also briefly fights with a masked character who we learn is actually Omega Red. If you’ve been keeping up with the villain’s history, then you know that, last time he was seen, he actually died as well. Therefore, it stands to reason that he, too, would be in Hell.

Wait...what?  Omega Red last popped up in Weapon X and is now on the team.  I thought these guys were supposed to know this kind of shit?  ???
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #5401 on: September 24, 2018, 05:05:22 PM »
CBR.com is absolute trash.

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #5402 on: September 24, 2018, 05:38:56 PM »
https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/09/20/dc-alters-batman-art-to-remove-imagery-of-his-penis

It was just a big publicity stunt for first editions.

Batman’s Dick R.I.P.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
His penis got Omega Sanctioned.
[close]

So you're saying its lost in the time stream and is about to change history?
[close]

Tasty

« Reply #5403 on: September 24, 2018, 10:35:40 PM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5404 on: September 25, 2018, 10:54:15 PM »
Savage Dragon #238:

Holy shit, this was actually kind of a normal issue!  :o  Angel's not dead, there's a story about Dragon's blood having amazing healing abilities, and Maxine actually goes to therapy for her sex addiction.

Was wondering if Erik got over trying to make every issue fucked up, but then there's a back-up story he wrote about Kill-Cat and his sidekick.  At one point, the sidekick gets beaten up by some Red Skull lookalikes and one of them pulls up her skirt with the intention of pissing all over him.  Kill-Cat busts in and knocks her away, complete with golden stream flying.  Phew, was getting worried for a minute there.
ど助平

Rahxephon91

« Reply #5405 on: September 25, 2018, 11:01:06 PM »
Oops.

Tasty

« Reply #5406 on: September 27, 2018, 12:01:12 AM »
Heroes in Crisis spoilers

RIP black AND white Wally, Arsenal, and... some chars no one cared about.

Also:

Lulz they're Parallax'ing Booster Gold.

Guaranteed a future writer retcons this shit in a hot second.

Trash.
[close]

Heard a rumor this is DiDio trying to get back at Johns or something.

Can DiDio just quit already

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5407 on: September 27, 2018, 08:19:49 AM »
I don't get killing off
O.G. Wally West after they brought him back into the current universe so recently.  One site said this was also right after some big storyline thing in the Flash comics where he's supposed to have gone off to find his family or something, too?  :dizzy
[close]

DC is getting as bad as Marvel is with some of these big event books' release dates, too.  Can't believe that Doomsday Clock still hasn't finished.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 08:25:36 AM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5408 on: September 27, 2018, 08:30:13 AM »
Amazing Spider Man #6: This has been a pretty enjoyable run from the new creative team so far.  :)  #5 wrapped up the first storyline where responsible, depowered (and also dumber when it comes to science stuff) Peter finally re-combined with irresponsible Spider-Man while setting up for things to come.  #6 finally addresses Peter's new roommate who is actually the super-villain Boomerang.  Rather than go with a cliche story where neither knows who the other is, Boomerang's identity is out there and he doesn't care because he was pardoned for previous crimes after helping the resistance in the Secret Empire storyline.  There's not much "super-heroing" going on in this issue and instead we get a look at Boomerang being a douchey roommate and taking Peter to a secret super-villain bar, where he ends up taking part in a Spider-Man trivia contest.  :lol  Fun read!

Extermination #3: This is another one of those BIG EVENT books where stuff is happening...and yet somehow it doesn't feel like anything is progressing past what was set up in the first issue.  Still no explanation of why a younger Cable popped up and killed his older self, still no explanation of why younger Cable is kidnapping the time-displaced O5 X-Men and putting them into stasis pods, and still no real explanation of why Ahab showed up to go after the O5 himself.   Maybe this is just being done to get rid of the O5 and re-introduce Cable before they reboot all the X books for the 40th time in the past few years.  There's solicitations for another X-Force book starting up with the younger Cable all over the cover art, so guess they're in this for the long haul. 

I think Amazing Spider-Man has turned out so well because they pretty much went back to basics with the character and the stories haven't been so complex and are just fun.  X-Men needs to be the same way and I hope the upcoming Uncanny reboot does that after the next BIG EVENT storyline happens with the start of that book.  Enough with this shit already.  I've barely checked out the current BIG EVENT INFINITE-THING story going on too.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 08:40:44 AM by bork »
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #5409 on: September 27, 2018, 02:42:18 PM »
Doomsday Clock #9 (variant) by Gary Frank

https://i.imgur.com/pj4gCru.jpg

Yoooo

YOOOOOOO

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #5410 on: September 29, 2018, 10:59:07 PM »
Doomsday Clock 7

Glad to see Adrian is still a shitheel :beli

Yoooo

YOOOOOOO

:whew  :noah
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 11:05:01 PM by Purple Filth »

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #5411 on: October 02, 2018, 06:26:53 AM »

Yoooo

YOOOOOOO
wow stealing from Disney's Marvel's Avengers: Infinity War already

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #5412 on: October 04, 2018, 05:46:54 AM »
Batman 54, 55, 56  :whew

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5413 on: October 25, 2018, 07:55:35 AM »
There's a new Nightwing who's a cop?  Why is DC doing with Nightwing what they already did with Batman a few years ago?   ???
ど助平

benjipwns

« Reply #5414 on: October 25, 2018, 08:36:56 AM »
Dick Grayson/Nightwing was a cop for a while when he was in Bludhaven.

kingv

« Reply #5415 on: October 25, 2018, 08:46:21 AM »
I’ve been reading the red goblin storyline and I like that the stakes are high but have complaints:
1) the red goblin design is just dumb looking. He has those old man eyebrows.
2) the red goblin has all of these extra powers that just don’t seem to make any damn sense with the established powers of either carnage or the green goblin. Like the goblin bombs that can chase people and talk? Originally, the pieces of carnage that he detached disintegrated after like 30 seconds and were not sentient. Though I guess maybe that American carnage story kind of added new powers from nowhere on top of just being a bad miniseries.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5416 on: October 25, 2018, 09:09:10 AM »
Dick Grayson/Nightwing was a cop for a while when he was in Bludhaven.

This is a different character who found Nightwing's stuff and is wearing his costume and his using his tech or whatever, plus uses a gun.  And apparently Dick, now calling himself Ric (lol), has some kind of amnesia or something and is not being a superhero.  Kind of similar to how they had Gordon be Batman for a little while even after Bruce Wayne was revealed as alive and had...amnesia. :doge

I’ve been reading the red goblin storyline and I like that the stakes are high but have complaints:
1) the red goblin design is just dumb looking. He has those old man eyebrows.
2) the red goblin has all of these extra powers that just don’t seem to make any damn sense with the established powers of either carnage or the green goblin. Like the goblin bombs that can chase people and talk? Originally, the pieces of carnage that he detached disintegrated after like 30 seconds and were not sentient. Though I guess maybe that American carnage story kind of added new powers from nowhere on top of just being a bad miniseries.

It really doesn't even matter.  The story is over quick and then it's like forget all about it; time for a new creative team!  I liked most of the Dan Slott Spidey stories I read, but the new Amazing Spider-Man team has done an excellent job of taking Spider-Man and co. back to the basics and the stories have been really fun to read. 
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 09:14:01 AM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5417 on: October 31, 2018, 12:59:47 PM »
X-Men Extermination #4 has a big spoiler ahead of its release today.

ONE OF THE ORIGINAL X-MEN HAS BEEN KILLED OFF

WHO COULD IT BE

WHY, IT'S

Cyclops

Because killing off the adult version wasn't enough!  Let's kill him off a second time!
[close]
:dead
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #5418 on: October 31, 2018, 01:43:18 PM »
Seems like a dumb way to have to now find a way to bring one of them back.

After journeying into heaven to rescue nightcrawler, the bar on bringing X-men back is so low to barely even matter.

They could just have an issue where he steps off of the blackbird and everyone says “I thought you were dead!” And they srespond “I got better!”.

Looking forward to post-slot Spider-Man, but need to wait for unlimited to catch up.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5419 on: October 31, 2018, 08:27:20 PM »
Seems like a dumb way to have to now find a way to bring one of them back.

You just know this is somehow going to end with adult Cyclops being back, too.

After journeying into heaven to rescue nightcrawler, the bar on bringing X-men back is so low to barely even matter.

They could just have an issue where he steps off of the blackbird and everyone says “I thought you were dead!” And they srespond “I got better!”.

Did you write that or did Chris Clarement?  :doge :lol

Looking forward to post-slot Spider-Man, but need to wait for unlimited to catch up.

Good stuff!  Another Spider-Verse event is going on right now too.  The #0 issue focuses on Spider-Man...from the PS4 game!
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #5420 on: October 31, 2018, 10:26:46 PM »
I suspect that adult cyclops will be what returns. They are probably eventually going to get rid of most of the original 5 X-men, imo. It was a dumb idea that actually lasted far longer than it ever should have.

I could see one sticking around though, like kid jean grey or mystical beast or something.

Having the video game spider-man tie into the comic that way is a good idea.

Should have also tied into the new animated movie (and maybe MCU spider-man). I really really hate the animation in this movie by the way.

I’m glad to hear post-Slott is actually good. Marvel has pretty shitty writers on average these days and there were high odds that there’s a rotating cast of mediocre creative teams like, well, most other marve books.

I think comics in general benefit from longer running creative teams, especially writers, because they can tee things up that develop over time. I don’t like everything Slott did, and will always have a soft spot for mullet Peter from the 90s, but overall I thought his spider-man stories were more good than bad.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5421 on: November 01, 2018, 12:53:44 AM »
They are definitely getting rid of the time displaced O5 X-Men-- that's what Extermination is all about!
ど助平

Purple Filth

« Reply #5422 on: November 01, 2018, 11:52:57 AM »
They are definitely getting rid of the time displaced O5 X-Men-- that's what Extermination is all about!

So Jean is gonna die for like the millionth and one time  :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5423 on: November 01, 2018, 12:12:16 PM »

So Jean is gonna die for like the millionth and one time  :doge

She already did right before adult Jean came back.   :lol  She got resurrected again shortly after and then "died" again during a Venom crossover where evil alien/symbiote things called Poisons took her over, but of course she came back in the end.  Don't expect them to kill her off again but who knows.  I'm just ready for them to move on from these characters since having two sets of them is pointless now.  Ditto for Old Man Logan but they're headed to the end with him already.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 12:16:25 PM by bork »
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #5424 on: November 01, 2018, 03:53:17 PM »
I feel like old man Logan is sort of interesting in his solo book.

It was one of the few secret wars aftermath things that was well-handled, imo, at least

Where officially is reed richards and Susan Richards in present day marvel?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5425 on: November 01, 2018, 04:05:43 PM »
I feel like old man Logan is sort of interesting in his solo book.

It was one of the few secret wars aftermath things that was well-handled, imo, at least

Yeah, it was...but it's over.  #50 was the last issue.  Next up is the Dead Man Logan mini-series and that's it for the character (until they decide to bring him back again  :doge)

Where officially is reed richards and Susan Richards in present day marvel?

The Fantastic Four are back and their new series is written by Dan Slott.  Haven't read it yet and haven't really seen anyone talk about it.  It's like they're just...there.  The Marvel Two-In-One series that starred The Thing and The Human Torch as they searched for Reed and Co. is apparently one just about to catch up to where the FF are.  In the Marvel books I keep up with, there haven't been any mentions of the FF yet.
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #5426 on: November 01, 2018, 04:52:59 PM »
Oh I didn’t realize that 2 in 1 book was a search for reed and Susan thing. Might go back and read it.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5427 on: November 01, 2018, 10:23:20 PM »
The Marvel story-related explanation of where the other half of the FF was is something like Reed saying "we wanted to explore the multiverse without being superheroes" or some dumb shit. 
:confused
ど助平

Rahxephon91

« Reply #5428 on: November 02, 2018, 12:25:48 AM »
I don’t think that’s a bad explanation considering the things Reed was doing in Hickman’s Avengers.

And honestly in Secret Wars he had beaten Doom in a really as conclusive as comics can get way.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 12:42:23 AM by Rahxephon91 »

kingv

« Reply #5429 on: November 02, 2018, 09:36:24 AM »
Probably a minority opinion... but I think Hickman’s run in avengers was really overrated.

It was confusing and hard to follow. In my opinion a lot of lore and characters were never really explained or fleshed out.

I actually think No Surrender was better than Infinity.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5430 on: November 02, 2018, 10:56:39 AM »
I don’t think that’s a bad explanation considering the things Reed was doing in Hickman’s Avengers.

And honestly in Secret Wars he had beaten Doom in a really as conclusive as comics can get way.

This is after all that. 

Turns out it's just CBR being fucking stupid and posting an article based on a preview.

Here's their first explanation:
Frustrated with Ben's lack of focus, Reed explains that he and Sue were "done with being... super heroes," stating that the Fantastic Four "was supposed to be about being explorers, but it ended up being about putting out fires." Reed continues on to say that he and Sue wanted to show their children the multiverse and study the science behind it. Ben gets upset when Reed explains that he chose not to include him because of his disinclination towards the types of science Reed wished to pursue.

But then they posted that the issue also has Reed admitting that they wanted everyone to think that they were dead and he says:

ど助平

parallax

« Reply #5431 on: November 02, 2018, 02:44:46 PM »

This is after all that. 

Turns out it's just CBR being fucking stupid and posting an article based on a preview.

Here's their first explanation:
Frustrated with Ben's lack of focus, Reed explains that he and Sue were "done with being... super heroes," stating that the Fantastic Four "was supposed to be about being explorers, but it ended up being about putting out fires." Reed continues on to say that he and Sue wanted to show their children the multiverse and study the science behind it. Ben gets upset when Reed explains that he chose not to include him because of his disinclination towards the types of science Reed wished to pursue.
(Image removed from quote.)

But then they posted that the issue also has Reed admitting that they wanted everyone to think that they were dead and he says:

(Image removed from quote.)

reed just slip slides down the pole to let ben down. these are terrible fucking excuses and considering the shit they went through in the multiverse, on top of his damn kids missing them, johnny and ben could have been useful. i mean you think more of victor than you do your actual family?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5432 on: November 02, 2018, 02:54:08 PM »
Let's also not forget that Doom did in fact become a good guy and his reasons had nothing to do with Reed- He was taking over for Iron Man.  And who went after him and fucked shit up?  The Thing.  :doge
ど助平

Rahxephon91

« Reply #5433 on: November 02, 2018, 05:12:48 PM »
I can understand not being into Hickman’s Avengers. It could be hard to follow, was very plot focused, little character development, and would introduce stuff like the White Event that really didn’t ammount to much.

But I loved that it was so weird and epic feeling. It had a lot of awesome moments.

Thor and Hyperion’s bro stuff. Which leads to an awesome moment where Thor tries to use the unworthy hammer in a suicide mission.

The evil Kirby Avengers.

The whole strange status quo of No time Left which drops so much stuff like X Island that will never be explained.

The whole Justice League stand in vs the Illuminati issues.

Cannonball and Smasher.

The character work with Namor and Black Panther.

Namor in general.

Black Swan.

Captain America’s fucking bizzare travel through time.

And so on. So many things I loved about this run. It’s honestly one of my favortie comic book runs. And I really don’t like the Avengers that much.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 07:27:40 PM by Rahxephon91 »

kingv

« Reply #5434 on: November 02, 2018, 06:56:34 PM »
I agree that there were a lot of cool moments, I just was constantly confused, and am still somewhat confused even now after reading wikis and summaries.

Every week I’d open the newest issue of Avengers or New Avengers and go “wait, did I miss an issue?”

I think the overarching story was there, but it needed either more time to breather or an old-fashioned style of comic storytelling that had a lot more exposition.

I kind of like how comics told stories in the 80s and 90s, where the dialogue was less natural, but explained more or had thought bubbles or blocks of text that explained exactly what was going on.

I think it is a lot more difficult to tell complex stories nowadays because comic style has gotten more sparse with the lettering.

benjipwns

« Reply #5435 on: November 14, 2018, 09:05:50 PM »
Black Hammer is pretty darn good :leon

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5436 on: November 15, 2018, 08:47:31 AM »
Two big Marvel releases this week:

Uncanny X-Men #1 (really #620): Eh.  Sorry, Marvel...wasn't particularly impressed with this.  Did not have the impact that the hype was making it out to have and felt like just another X-Men vs. mutant-haters story that we've seen too many times, this time featuring throwaway loser-villain team The Mutant Liberation front.  :zzz

Avengers #700 (really #10 of the new series): Marvel, can you make up your mind about numbering already?  :lol  I haven't read #3-9 yet so I just skimmed through this to see two things in particular:

First, Agent Coulson is back (he was dead?  ???) and has been recruited by General Thunderbolt Ross to start up a new government-run superhero team. 
He brings in The Squadron Supreme, who will now be known as "The Squadron Supreme Of America."  Nice DC jab there.

[close]

We also get a "cosmic" scene with
Loki and Wolverine (lol at him popping up here but not in Uncanny).  Wolverine seems to be channeling the Phoenix force now, which might explain the "hot claws" thing.  Thor already showed that Wolverine ultimately becomes "Old Man Phoenix" far into the future, so OK...but if this is the case...someone needs to do a hell of lot of explaining to show how Wolverine goes from where he is in the Return of Wolverine mini-series to here. 
[close]

There's also a changed up Russian Winter Guard team featured in the issue who have some new members, including two gods (who end up fighting each other instead of the Avengers  :lol) and a masked "Red Widow" who may end up being someone familiar- unsure if this is the same character who used that name some years back.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 08:54:35 AM by bork »
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #5437 on: November 15, 2018, 09:06:30 AM »
Deadpool killed Coulson in Secret Empire or whatever the evil captain America storyline was.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5438 on: November 15, 2018, 09:15:59 AM »
Deadpool killed Coulson in Secret Empire or whatever the evil captain America storyline was.

Ah OK, thanks- Haven't read any of the recent Deadpool series.

That reminds me, there's another previously-deceased character coming back:

Red Skull is back again- in the body of some KGB agent.
[close]

Can't remember if this is in an Avengers comic or Captain America.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 09:27:45 AM by bork »
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #5439 on: November 26, 2018, 10:14:13 PM »
I don’t even remember how red skull died.

I’m guessing he came back something something psychic mutant powers from the X brain.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5440 on: November 27, 2018, 08:45:27 AM »
I don’t even remember how red skull died.

I’m guessing he came back something something psychic mutant powers from the X brain.

Hydra-Captain America killed him right before Secret Empire started, IIRC.  And this Red Skull was a clone of himself from 1942.  Pretty sure this character has died and come back more times than anyone can remember.
ど助平

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #5441 on: December 04, 2018, 01:10:44 AM »
Ready to meme - Young Justice #1 variant

Tasty

« Reply #5442 on: December 04, 2018, 01:14:00 AM »
Young Justice coming back fills me with a new, strange feeling... hope?

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #5443 on: December 04, 2018, 01:16:47 AM »
DC still makes great shit unlike marvel so yeah, i'll keep reading. As long as Bendis stays confined.

benjipwns

« Reply #5444 on: December 04, 2018, 01:26:41 AM »
DC's done a bunch of straight meme rip-off variants lately though that might be the most blatant by far, as long as they don't infect the book proper, I'll allow it.

kingv

« Reply #5445 on: December 04, 2018, 01:47:21 AM »
Speaking of bend is... how bad is Superman?

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #5446 on: December 04, 2018, 02:40:37 AM »
Speaking of bend is... how bad is Superman?
you're going to make Tasty cry

Tasty

« Reply #5447 on: December 04, 2018, 08:58:44 AM »
The difficult thing is I don't even know if it's good or not. I'm one of those fans that no longer cares about the actual quality of the work because of how he's treated my favorite characters.

I've become the worst kind of comic nerd. :(

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5448 on: December 04, 2018, 10:11:01 AM »
DC still makes great shit unlike marvel

:girlaff
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5449 on: December 04, 2018, 10:12:50 AM »
The difficult thing is I don't even know if it's good or not. I'm one of those fans that no longer cares about the actual quality of the work because of how he's treated my favorite characters.

I've become the worst kind of comic nerd. :(

That's just the Bendis-Effect™ at work.  As soon as he's done on Superman, whoever follows him will clean up all that shit and set it straight.  I know I keep saying this, but he does good when he gets his own spin-off series to play with.  He needs to stay far away from mainline characters. 
ど助平

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #5450 on: December 07, 2018, 12:00:08 AM »
Batman Issue 60.

DIDN’T SEE THAT COMING

Purple Filth

« Reply #5451 on: December 09, 2018, 10:27:46 PM »
Apparently Mister Miracle is finished?

I need to get on that stat  :doge

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #5452 on: December 09, 2018, 11:18:31 PM »
Yeah I liked the ending, not sure which way I see it yet

Purple Filth

« Reply #5453 on: December 11, 2018, 06:40:48 PM »
Yeah I liked the ending, not sure which way I see it yet

Saw it made #1 on Whatculture's WTF comic book moments of 2018 video.

I closed the video right as he announced the comic.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #5454 on: December 11, 2018, 11:49:16 PM »
lol yeah you kinda know what's up from early, the question really is what Scott does about it, in the end I feel like it's the right way to go and the audience can kind of make their own choices regarding what he did or didnt do. Dont want to get into spoilers at all it's worth taking this ride all by yourself.

Purple Filth

« Reply #5455 on: December 12, 2018, 02:03:51 PM »
lol yeah you kinda know what's up from early, the question really is what Scott does about it, in the end I feel like it's the right way to go and the audience can kind of make their own choices regarding what he did or didnt do. Dont want to get into spoilers at all it's worth taking this ride all by yourself.

IIRC the series was already fucking with me badly in like issue 2 so i'm looking forward to seeing how it all plays out
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 02:19:56 PM by Purple Filth »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5456 on: December 12, 2018, 08:47:52 PM »
The Arrowverse TV shows (well, three of them anyway) just had their yearly crossover, calling it "Elseworlds."  Starts off with Arrow and Flash switching places/powers and finally introduces Gotham City and Batwoman.  They aren't allowed to use Batman so they just wrote him out as having mysteriously vanished from the city and it being in total chaos.  Amazo pops up, and they even make it so that the 1990s Flash TV show is part of the shared universe and the same actor pops up in his old suit, lol (he's a guest star on Flash already, having played Barry's dad and also plays Earth-2 Flash Jay Garrick).  Supergirl and Superman are also here.

The big thing about this crossover is that it introduced the Monitor and an announcement that next year will have the Arrowverse version of Crisis On Infinite Earths.
:leon
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #5457 on: December 12, 2018, 09:23:50 PM »
Are these shows actually like... good?

Your description sounds interesting but I only made it like 10 minutes into the first episode of flash.

Tasty

« Reply #5458 on: December 12, 2018, 09:35:19 PM »
They're guilty, cheesy pleasures that are CW shows more than anything else.

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #5459 on: December 12, 2018, 10:52:24 PM »
The first two seasons of Arrow and the first season of Flash are genuinely pretty good. Season two onwards of Legends of Tomorrow is amazing and ridiculous
WDW