Author Topic: International Politics Thread - Disease and Disaster  (Read 1291158 times)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Re: International Politics Thread - Russia + China = World superpowers
« Reply #4200 on: July 10, 2018, 12:01:21 PM »
lol bourgeois elitist liberals

lol brourgeois elitist liberals

lmao look at this college intellectual cuck thinking he can wall off the developed world from third-world refugees and still smash the neo-liberal capitalist state :neogaf
dog

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #4202 on: July 10, 2018, 06:42:41 PM »

lmao look at this college intellectual giant dad thinking he can wall off the developed world from third-world refugees and still smash the neo-liberal capitalist state :neogaf

Hillary declares herself a woke bae: fucking elites spamming idpol to fool the masses
Italians elect Mussolini's great grandson prime minister on promise to turn the Mediterranean into a sea of fire to stop the boats: well that's their choice and I respect it

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #4203 on: July 10, 2018, 06:46:39 PM »
What I want is for an actual Strasserist to join the forum and then troll Optimus for being a squish.

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
« Reply #4204 on: July 10, 2018, 07:39:35 PM »
Optimus unconsciously being a liberal is the only upside to his ceaseless screeching about liberals :girlaff
bent

Corporal

« Reply #4205 on: July 10, 2018, 08:28:01 PM »
I mean Corbyn ain't exactly promising to push back on Brexit (or so I believe ?).
Yeah, he'd personally carry every EU diplomat off the islands on his own back if it got UK out of the EU even a femtosecond sooner. 

Only Remain aligned parties would be the LibDems I believe, and well, they're LibDems. Even without the completely fucked up FPTP election system they're struggling after bending their youth voters over the barrel during the last great coalition.
!list

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4206 on: July 12, 2018, 12:55:00 AM »
https://www.expatica.com/fr/news/country-news/France-auction-history-crime-guillotine_1973648.html
A 150-year-old guillotine with "a few dents on the blade" was sold in Paris on Wednesday despite protests from auction regulators.

The 10-foot (three-metre) tall instrument of execution which was used to dispatch criminals in France until 1977 was bought by a French millionaire for 8,008 euros ($9,400).

The Drouot auction house insisted that the model was built as a replica and has never been used to behead anyone, although it did once feature in a museum of torture in the French capital.

The sale of guillotines has been highly controversial in France where the death penalty was only abolished in 1981, with the French auction watchdog already objecting to the sale.

"They should not be selling this guillotine," a spokesman told the Parisien newspaper. "Objects like the clothes of people who were deported to the (Nazi death) camps and instruments of torture are sensitive."

That did not, however, stop another going for 220,000 euros in the same saleroom in 2011 when US pop star Lady Gaga was reportedly among the bidders.

Nor did the watchdog have the power to stop the auction because the guillotine -- which previously graced a Paris jazz club -- is part of a bankruptcy sale.

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #4207 on: July 12, 2018, 04:02:39 AM »

lmao look at this college intellectual giant dad thinking he can wall off the developed world from third-world refugees and still smash the neo-liberal capitalist state :neogaf

Wall off = not accepting and not having the tools to accept millions upon millions of refugees in endless waves. Gotta laugh at liberal armchair analysts that completely ignore practicality and realistic standards for theory to the point of ignorance. Immigration is good therefore mass immigration that radically changes the balance of a country's society is also good and shouldn't be criticized. So if 10 million refugees arrive in Sweden tomorrow, Sweden and Swedish people should somehow deal with it. EL OH EL

This is the same moronic and catastrophic rationale that encourages the equality of outcome troglodytes. It assumes that if you support an ideology you must also uncritically support that ideology's principles taken to an absolute extreme and keep supporting them no matter the evidence that it's changing society for the worse.

what class do you think refugees are part of you moron

And how do you think the immigrant lower class will do with the far-right controlling Europe you fucking imbecile?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 04:22:38 AM by Optimus »

benjipwns

« Reply #4208 on: July 12, 2018, 04:15:55 AM »
The prospect of some people violating the rights of others is not a very good reason to preclude the recognition and protection of those rights. It effectively serves to render the enforcement of all rights equally under the law null and void. While encouraging rapid militarization for the adjudication of disputes between groups.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #4209 on: July 12, 2018, 04:23:38 AM »
Wall off = not accepting and not having the tools to accept millions upon millions of refugees in endless waves.

benjipwns

« Reply #4210 on: July 12, 2018, 04:27:18 AM »
MARS?!? They really are aliens!

spoiler (click to show/hide)
BOOOOOOOOOOO
[close]

Nola

« Reply #4211 on: July 12, 2018, 04:27:21 AM »

Wall off = not accepting and not having the tools to accept millions upon millions of refugees in endless waves. Gotta laugh at liberal armchair analysts that completely ignore practicality and realistic standards for theory to the point of ignorance. Immigration is good therefore mass immigration that radically changes the balance of a country's society is also good and shouldn't be criticized. So if 10 million refugees arrive in Sweden tomorrow, Sweden and Swedish people should somehow deal with it. lol

And how do you think the immigrant lower class will do with the far-right controlling Europe you fucking imbecile?

It's almost like this has been covered multiple times with your alter ego before.

But I guess it’s probably once again time to point out that for the last 10 years America has had a net negative illegal migration flow, it has actually shrunk by 2 million, that we are in a period of historic lows in terms of southern border crossings, and that the average immigrant population as a whole, over the course of two generations, have been a net benefit to the economy and government coffers/services compared to the average native born citizens. Even if you are cherry picking from lesser credentialed research the impact on tax payers is incredibly minimal. That the wage and unemployment impact ranges from minimal to non-existent in OECD countries, recognizing the conversation is both international and domestic here. The notion that we are bursting at the seams in America, or that it will cripple the western world, and everyone is incapable of taking in people seeking asylum or a better way of life is, well, largely bullshit.

All your pretty charts for easy reference is just a click away.

[close]

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #4212 on: July 12, 2018, 04:29:22 AM »
MARS?!? They really are aliens!

BOOOOOOOOOOO
[close]

Tasty needs to write an extension so I can rescind every like I've given to your posts.

Optimus

« Reply #4213 on: July 12, 2018, 04:29:54 AM »
Wall off = not accepting and not having the tools to accept millions upon millions of refugees in endless waves.

(Image removed from quote.)

They were more than a million each year for 2-3 years iirc and if Europe hadn't started being tough on immigration they'd be many more, actions that I assume you disagree with therefore the "millions upon millions".

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #4214 on: July 12, 2018, 04:31:32 AM »
What years did Sweden take over a million refugees?

benjipwns

« Reply #4215 on: July 12, 2018, 04:32:51 AM »
Tasty needs to write an extension so I can rescind every like I've given to your posts.
you can't rescind those likes, they're already here, they're producing anchor likes now

Optimus

« Reply #4216 on: July 12, 2018, 04:33:07 AM »

Wall off = not accepting and not having the tools to accept millions upon millions of refugees in endless waves. Gotta laugh at liberal armchair analysts that completely ignore practicality and realistic standards for theory to the point of ignorance. Immigration is good therefore mass immigration that radically changes the balance of a country's society is also good and shouldn't be criticized. So if 10 million refugees arrive in Sweden tomorrow, Sweden and Swedish people should somehow deal with it. lol

It's almost like this has been covered multiple times with your alter ego before.

But I guess it’s probably once again time to point out that for the last 10 years America has had a net negative illegal migration flow, it has actually shrunk by 2 million, that we are in a period of historic lows in terms of southern border crossings, and that the average immigrant population as a whole, over the course of two generations, have been a net benefit to the economy and government coffers/services compared to the average native born citizens. Even if you are cherry picking from lesser credentialed research the impact on tax payers is incredibly minimal. That the wage and unemployment impact ranges from minimal to non-existent in OECD countries, recognizing the conversation is both international and domestic here. The notion that we are bursting at the seams in America, or that it will cripple the western world, and everyone is incapable of taking in people seeking asylum or a better way of life is, well, largely bullshit.

[close]

I'm talking about Europe's immigrant crisis, I never argued about US or Trump's tarded fear-mongering about immigrants. Go back defending SJW sociopaths celebrating TB's death.

Nola

« Reply #4217 on: July 12, 2018, 04:33:32 AM »
Here's Sweden going back to 2006, blue is immigration, black emigration:

Not seeing 2-3 million in those numbers.You sure you aren't confusing 2-3 million a year for 2-3 million over the last 15 years or something?

Nola

« Reply #4218 on: July 12, 2018, 04:34:57 AM »

[close]

I'm talking about Europe's immigrant crisis, I never argued about US or Trump's tarded fear-mongering about immigrants. Go back defending SJW sociopaths celebrating TB's death.

Half of that research, notably with concern to wage/unemployment is OECD focused.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #4219 on: July 12, 2018, 04:45:44 AM »

just repeating this cause it got swallowed up in some thehunter116-ass block quoting

benjipwns

« Reply #4220 on: July 12, 2018, 04:45:57 AM »
Go back defending SJW sociopaths celebrating TB's death.
yo i feel left out because it was while you were away and ERA popped off into insanity but i wanted you to know that i got in on that action:
For the record that piece of shit was celebrating TB's death along with the rest of the SJW scum.

Funny how the same hypocrites that talk about against "freedom from consequences" defend scum like her that celebrate and brag about a young man dying from cancer and all this because he disagreed with them.

Want proof that gamergate is vastly morally superior compared to these subhumans? Just look at their reaction at TB's death despite the fact that a few months ago TB was shitting on them publicly. The thread about TB on KiA was full of people offering condelences, I don't think even one comment was negative and the ones that talked about TB's disagreement with GG were all pointing out that it doesn't matter and that he was still a great person.
Honestly I feel vindicated, mostly to myself. I often exaggerate against people I heavily dislike and there's always some doubt in my mind about the things I assume about them. Their absolutely disgusting response to TB's death and the silence from the rest of these scumbags for the terrible things that were said confirms even the worst suspicions I had about them. They're all human trash. They're still posting articles smearing TB btw, I just read a new one today.
:dead :dead :dead :dead

like TotalBiscuit from the Super C
cheers mate

benjipwns

« Reply #4221 on: July 12, 2018, 04:46:54 AM »
just repeating this cause it got swallowed up in some thehunter116-ass block quoting
noticed he's disappeared and that his avatar is now a question mark

now i'm not saying this has anything to do with that russian bot net they swept up, but i'm also not saying it doesn't have anything to do with it

Optimus

« Reply #4222 on: July 12, 2018, 04:49:09 AM »

I'm talking about Europe.

Optimus

« Reply #4223 on: July 12, 2018, 04:52:06 AM »
Go back defending SJW sociopaths celebrating TB's death.
yo i feel left out because it was while you were away and ERA popped off into insanity but i wanted you to know that i got in on that action:
For the record that piece of shit was celebrating TB's death along with the rest of the SJW scum.

Funny how the same hypocrites that talk about against "freedom from consequences" defend scum like her that celebrate and brag about a young man dying from cancer and all this because he disagreed with them.

Want proof that gamergate is vastly morally superior compared to these subhumans? Just look at their reaction at TB's death despite the fact that a few months ago TB was shitting on them publicly. The thread about TB on KiA was full of people offering condelences, I don't think even one comment was negative and the ones that talked about TB's disagreement with GG were all pointing out that it doesn't matter and that he was still a great person.
Honestly I feel vindicated, mostly to myself. I often exaggerate against people I heavily dislike and there's always some doubt in my mind about the things I assume about them. Their absolutely disgusting response to TB's death and the silence from the rest of these scumbags for the terrible things that were said confirms even the worst suspicions I had about them. They're all human trash. They're still posting articles smearing TB btw, I just read a new one today.
:dead :dead :dead :dead

like TotalBiscuit from the Super C
cheers mate

I'm really butthurt about these sociopathic scumbags celebrating TB's death but I haven't lost my humor.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #4224 on: July 12, 2018, 04:53:42 AM »

you weren't, but I'll let it slide

in the case of europe the total pop is well over half a billion, so "millions!" isn't freaking me out

Optimus

« Reply #4225 on: July 12, 2018, 04:56:56 AM »

in the case of europe the total pop is well over half a billion, so "millions!" isn't freaking me out

Dude, I was. Just in the previous page I talked about foreign born population being 1.7 million in Sweden, you think I forgot about that?

benjipwns

« Reply #4226 on: July 12, 2018, 04:57:09 AM »
man i can't get anyone except that Libertarian weirdo kris to pick fights with me anymore and call me a sociopath or whatever, even when i'm not even barely subtle about it, feeling like Kobe atm :fbm

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #4227 on: July 12, 2018, 05:00:06 AM »
I can dig up your model of a wealth tax if you want

:ufup

Optimus

« Reply #4228 on: July 12, 2018, 05:00:47 AM »
man i can't get anyone except that Libertarian weirdo kris to pick fights with me anymore and call me a sociopath or whatever, even when i'm not even barely subtle about it, feeling like Kobe atm :fbm

Everyone loves you benji, try to accept and live with it.

Nola

« Reply #4229 on: July 12, 2018, 05:01:01 AM »

Dude, I was. Just in the previous page I talked about foreign born population being 1.7 million in Sweden, you think I forgot about that?

Which in comparison America's foreign born population is 14% of our population, Sweden's is now 17%. Only 11% of that 17% is from non-EU countries. Which just for clarity that leaves 89% of the Swedish population either born in Sweden or the EU.

benjipwns

« Reply #4230 on: July 12, 2018, 05:04:04 AM »
Sweden's been a net immigrator since The War because its population replacement level has long been under even and when you add in emigrants it'd be negative, it's how it's maintained and grown population. The Iraq/Syria spike is a short-term one, the other former states are what you'd expect in Finland, Poland, Yugoslavia, Germany, etc.

benjipwns

« Reply #4231 on: July 12, 2018, 05:05:53 AM »
I can dig up your model of a wealth tax if you want

:ufup
psch like you're going to class me as a liberal social studies warrior

Optimus

« Reply #4232 on: July 12, 2018, 05:08:10 AM »

Which in comparison America's foreign born population is 14% of our population, Sweden's is now 17%. Only 11% of that 17% is from non-EU countries. Which just for clarity that leaves 89% of the Swedish population either born in Sweden or the EU.

No fucking way only 11% of immigrants in Sweden are from non-EU countries. Unless you mean 11% of the population of Sweden is from non-EU countries which is a pretty fucking big number especially considering the humongous cultural differences.

Nola

« Reply #4233 on: July 12, 2018, 05:08:46 AM »
Yep and that is one of the ways some of that research shows how immigrants contribute positively to economic growth and entitlement solvency in places like America and numerous European countries with slowing or plateauing native birth rates.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #4234 on: July 12, 2018, 05:11:29 AM »
Unless you mean 11% of the population of Sweden is from non-EU countries which is a pretty fucking big number especially considering the humongous cultural differences.

especially Norway

Nola

« Reply #4235 on: July 12, 2018, 05:13:47 AM »

No fucking way only 11% of immigrants in Sweden are from non-EU countries. Unless you mean 11% of the population of Sweden is from non-EU countries which is a pretty fucking big number especially considering the humongous cultural differences.

To put it anther way, of 100 births in Sweden last year, 11 on average were from migrants from non-EU countries. 89 would on average be either from Swedish born or EU born persons.

Which is in relative line with America, and while the highest in the Nordic countries, just based on the numbers, Sweden is clearly not at risk of having their Swedish "culture" overrun as you and Assimilate are so concerned about preserving.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #4236 on: July 12, 2018, 05:18:54 AM »
Lumping together all non-EU immigrants into a group isn't a useful simplification. I wouldn't do that with all MENA immigrants.

Like I saw Iran was fairly high up on the list of origin countries and immediately guessed that they'd be way more educated and middle-class than the refugees from Iraq and Syria. Some quick googling, and yup, a big wave came in the late 70's and 80's after the revolution, and ethnically Persian Swedes graduate college at a higher rate than "real" Swedes.

Thai immigration to Sweden is interesting too, but I want everyone to google that for themselves.

benjipwns

« Reply #4237 on: July 12, 2018, 05:19:19 AM »
What's the concern about Swedish demographics changing slightly anyway again?

benjipwns

« Reply #4238 on: July 12, 2018, 05:20:00 AM »
Thai immigration to Sweden is interesting too, but I want everyone to google that for themselves.
This sounds like that Daddy P book trap again.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #4239 on: July 12, 2018, 05:31:59 AM »

Optimus knows that maintaining a viable leftist coalition means welcoming constituencies that have cultural grievances and concerns as well as material ones and that while you personally may not agree with their viewpoints, it is important to treat them as valid and to make the necessary policy concessions.

Nola

« Reply #4240 on: July 12, 2018, 05:34:57 AM »
Lumping together all non-EU immigrants into a group isn't a useful simplification. I wouldn't do that with all MENA immigrants.

Like I saw Iran was fairly high up on the list of origin countries and immediately guessed that they'd be way more educated and middle-class than the refugees from Iraq and Syria. Some quick googling, and yup, a big wave came in the late 70's and 80's after the revolution, and ethnically Persian Swedes graduate college at a higher rate than "real" Swedes.

Fair and good point. I'm kind of exploring as I go fact checking Optimus with most of this.

I'm guessing crime will be on the horizon and that is interesting. Since in most countries, most refugees/poorer/uneducated immigrants do commit crimes at higher rates...But so to is it the case that native born people impoverished and uneducated to a similar degree commit crimes at similar rates. That disparity seems to even out, and has for Sweden, in second and third generations.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4241 on: July 12, 2018, 02:26:31 PM »
They say he has a 'bad' back but he's obviously drunk af.

https://twitter.com/MacaesBruno/status/1017453353767505920
🤴

Optimus

« Reply #4242 on: July 12, 2018, 02:54:15 PM »

Optimus knows that maintaining a viable leftist coalition means welcoming constituencies that have cultural grievances and concerns as well as material ones and that while you personally may not agree with their viewpoints, it is important to treat them as valid and to make the necessary policy concessions.

Optimus knows that maintaining a viable leftist coalition means not putting your head in the sand when your citizens suddenly have concerns and not blindly following your principles even to the extreme of them no matter the conditions and how much they worsen society. Funny how you ignored my other post saying exactly that. So tell me Mandark , oh great and sensible representative of leftist politics, if 10 million immigrants arrived in Sweden in a year would it still be "racist" to complain about excessive mass immigration? lol at these fucking idiots and racists complaining that 10 million immigrants would completely change their society, amirite?

benjipwns

« Reply #4243 on: July 12, 2018, 03:03:10 PM »
"Unfortunately, human nature resists change and it goes over backward to avoid radical change." - Ronaldus Magnus Reagan

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #4244 on: July 12, 2018, 03:06:11 PM »
wait, when have I ever picked a fight with you ever
每天生气

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #4245 on: July 12, 2018, 03:08:45 PM »

You can't even take that personally, either.

At least not until he's had to escape from a Libertarian Party meeting by innocently asking if we should fund the night watchman with sales taxes or land taxes.

benjipwns

« Reply #4246 on: July 12, 2018, 03:12:25 PM »
wait, when have I ever picked a fight with you ever
calling me out huh? typical, so much for the NAP

shosta

« Reply #4247 on: July 12, 2018, 03:13:55 PM »
I think you misunderstand. I'm not a Libertarian, just a registered member of the Libertarian party. Thus I don't believe in NAP, but SIESTA (Should It Ever Say "Tax", Agree)
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #4248 on: July 12, 2018, 03:25:30 PM »
I'm not a Libertarian, just a registered member of the Libertarian party. Thus I don't believe in NAP, but SIESTA (Should It Ever Say "Tax", Agree)
All Libertarians are members of the Libertarian Party. Not all libertarians are Libertarians.

This is just another example of the dangers of mass immigration.

shosta

« Reply #4249 on: July 12, 2018, 03:27:57 PM »
Actually, borders are unethical and I have the right to freely associate with the party irrespective of my ideological purity.
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #4250 on: July 12, 2018, 03:28:40 PM »
Am I the first LINO or was that Bill Weld
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #4251 on: July 12, 2018, 03:32:01 PM »
Am I the first LINO or was that Bill Weld
It was whoever was member #2.

Or maybe #2 figured out that it was #1 all along.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #4252 on: July 12, 2018, 07:48:56 PM »
Optimus knows that maintaining a viable leftist coalition means not putting your head in the sand when your citizens suddenly have concerns and not blindly following your principles even to the extreme of them no matter the conditions and how much they worsen society. Funny how you ignored my other post saying exactly that. So tell me Mandark , oh great and sensible representative of leftist politics, if 10 million immigrants arrived in Sweden in a year would it still be "racist" to complain about excessive mass immigration? lol at these fucking idiots and racists complaining that 10 million immigrants would completely change their society, amirite?

10 million immigrants didn't arrive in Sweden in a year, and they won't arrive in some future year. "What if The Camp of the Saints was real life?" is no more edifying than all those ticking time bomb scenarios used to justify the CIA's torture program. Generally, if you have to resort to that kind of goofy hypothetical, it's not a great sign.

Optimus

« Reply #4253 on: July 12, 2018, 08:48:45 PM »

10 million immigrants didn't arrive in Sweden in a year, and they won't arrive in some future year. "What if The Camp of the Saints was real life?" is no more edifying than all those ticking time bomb scenarios used to justify the CIA's torture program. Generally, if you have to resort to that kind of goofy hypothetical, it's not a great sign.

No, it's "only" at least one tenth of the country's entire population that has vastly different culture and believes in most shitty religion in the world in country that is very progressive, or at least it used to be, and where the majority of the population is either atheist or barely religious. Are you for or against Europe's anti-immigration policies without which Sweden and other countries would continue being flooded with immigrants? And if you're against it at what point would you become a racist too and argue against more mass immigration?

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #4254 on: July 12, 2018, 09:01:10 PM »
Europe's anti-immigration policies without which Sweden and other countries would continue being flooded with immigrants?

could you elaborate?

benjipwns

« Reply #4255 on: July 12, 2018, 09:08:12 PM »
Against. Never. I don't see why Sweden's current demographics are inherently necessary to be preserved forever especially as to justify restricting human rights.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #4256 on: July 12, 2018, 09:16:08 PM »
Striking how many people discuss immigration in a way that treats the welfare of the migrants as secondary or irrelevant.

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
« Reply #4257 on: July 12, 2018, 09:18:54 PM »
We must secure the culture and lifestyles of Europeans from the inveterate foreign hordes.
bent

shosta

« Reply #4258 on: July 12, 2018, 09:28:46 PM »
My favorite commentary on this topic is actually when Benji hilariously noted that under the most extreme scenario, Arabs would make up about 11% of Europe by like 2050, which would *almost* be the same as the proportion of Americans that are black. :lol
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #4259 on: July 12, 2018, 09:44:28 PM »
the uncomfortable praise made me look it up, it's not even Arabs, just Muslims: http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=41489.msg2347755#msg2347755