Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1786011 times)

Re: Off-Site Discussion: Forum 4 Sale for $4.5 Million OBO
« Reply #4200 on: October 16, 2021, 11:11:27 AM »
Took a break from the net, what’d I miss?

Netflix fired someone I think
« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 11:17:59 AM by ldcommando (notthegafone) »

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #4201 on: October 16, 2021, 11:50:46 AM »

filler turned out be a reptilian with a skinny hog  :goty
Margs

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4202 on: October 16, 2021, 12:01:31 PM »
stretched out stro's tight asshole  :smug

BIONIC

« Reply #4203 on: October 16, 2021, 12:24:11 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-79#post-75308295

Quote from: Royalan, post: 75308295, member: 41
This is where you lose the mods. Present and even most former.

Could things have been more transparent? Possibly. I don't know, (I honestly don't care because I did not spare nann two seconds thinking about the money side of things. My wallet wasn't involved).

But Cerium is, without hesitation, one of the kindest, nicest people I've met on these internets. A mainstay in my DMs. One of the handful of people checking in on me when nobody else was.

I have his personal phone number. I know his name.

A lot of this conversation is, admittedly, beyond me. But it's so, so difficult to read.

I’m sure he’ll still be a mainstay in your DMs after making $4.5 million off your ass  :girlaff

I’d almost feel bad for these gullible motherfuckers if they weren’t such pieces of shit  :lol
Margs

Propagandhim

« Reply #4204 on: October 16, 2021, 12:52:28 PM »
But Cerium is, without hesitation, one of the kindest, nicest people I've met on these internets. A mainstay in my DMs. One of the handful of people checking in on me when nobody else was.

Shut up already

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4205 on: October 16, 2021, 12:58:32 PM »
cerium once jump started my car when the battery died

Sman

« Reply #4206 on: October 16, 2021, 01:22:18 PM »

"You think Resetera is a free ride whenever you feel like it?"

"I plucked you from obscurity and gave you the priviledge to help with mod duties"

"My forum stats show you logged in at least twice today and you did check your notifications. Don't ever ghost me again."

"There are thousands of users who would take your place in an instant"

"Act like you care and get to work! This is your last warning."

Kevtones

« Reply #4207 on: October 16, 2021, 01:25:44 PM »
JFC Royalan is rough. Either he can’t take the ego bruise of being incredibly fucking stupid or he's too naive to comprehend.

He’s probably already sent a gracious thank you letter to Cerium for being a great boss.
wrong

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #4208 on: October 16, 2021, 01:26:53 PM »
I just love the line about how cerium cares and is a friend to the mods.  Would a friend have taken 4.5mil and left you to deal with the fallout? :heh

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #4209 on: October 16, 2021, 01:38:27 PM »
They took the money and ran like the wind, hilarious. It's going to be fun watching this SJW forum implode

:salute

https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-83#post-75322866
User Banned (Permanent): Troll account
OBE

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #4210 on: October 16, 2021, 01:39:50 PM »

here's a digest from just this past month:

Sept 17
Smash Bros Sakurai tweeted out a pic of Rodin from Bayonetta getting sprayed by water from Mario and this mirrors the cops hosing down black protestors during civil rights, which made many people very upset and reignited Smash Bros-related racial tensions
era thread
bore investigation

Sept 20
one of the big ones:

arguments and trolling were happening in the salesera thread, and the mods stepped in with their usual heavy-handedness and started handing out bans without knowing any context or who the trolls really were in this situation. sales master chris1964 was banned for 1 day, but since this guy is venerable and has been quietly doing sales stuff since like 2011 at gaf, this was seen as an insult of the highest order. they also banned a lot of longtime sales members. and cvxfreak was behaving very un-mod-like on discord, talking casually about bans and shutting people up. the community demanded the firing of cvxfreak from modship and development began on a new sales era splinter forum where chris could feel safe.

amongst this, a user was banned for quietly making an anti-nepenthe tweet on their benign nobody account
https://twitter.com/BrunoMB84/status/1440196691668340736

mods finally claim that they sorted things out and they figured out who the real troll was...except the hot tip they acted on came from a bad faith actor off-site who just wanted to stir up shit and eat popcorn (a minor footnote of the whole debacle which was never acknowledged on era)

then someone came in with receipts from discord showing Morrigan shitting all over the users, and combined with her history of islamophobia on gaf, people started calling for her removal. she resigned with both middle fingers held high but this has not stopped her from continuing to be a massive dick to everyone to this day.

era was like "well what the fuck, you ban a random nobody for a tweet sniping at someone on era, but you won't ban cvx or morrigan for discord sniping at someone on era?" and every mod was like "no no, that was different."

in light of all this, for some reason nintendoera decided they weren't safe anymore with all the mod abuse, and their discord gained 300 members that day. both nintendoera and salesera left and started their own splinter forums:
https://famiboards.com/
https://installbaseforum.com/

bore investigation of these events starts here
an alternate log of events via twitter

Sept 28
Tyler continues to decimate his already anemic gaf community by banning all forms of console warring and handing out bans like candy for the tiniest "I prefer sony over nintendo," filling up his ban page
bore post

Oct 3
Nintendo France tweets an image of solid snake crawling sexily toward zero suit samus, further heightening Smash-related tensions (even though this particular image has been part of standard marketing imagery for years and is still up on their website)
era thread
bore investigation

Oct 5
things finally come to a head as Super Smash Brothers final character Sora is announced, a total of about 100 fighters with not one single black character, causing general uproar
era thread
bore investigation

Oct 7
Koichi Sugiyama, Dragon Quest composer and war crimes denier, dies, era celebrates
era thread
bore investigation

Oct 14
The Day of Infamy

Cerium sells resetera.com to MMO forum Swedes for 4.5 million dollars

lmao 20 pages of commentary on the bore alone, not to mention the rest of the internet

users appalled at the type of sites and anti-sjw commentary now apparently part of their network. with actiblizz's recent lawsuits there was a concerted effort to ban games like diablo and wow from era (lol), and users now theorize they weren't banned due to mods cooperating with the terms of this new acquisition.

re: money: resetera mods claim they actually like not being paid, users tell them to have some fucking self respect and dunk on them for days, with surprisingly few bans(?). nepenthe goes absolutely fucking mental and starts demanding tips from users, users who also generate all their content for free and just had all their data sold  ???

also someone updates the Era Clear subscription service info to remove the line about supporting your community  :doggy

The Benji Files:
benji researches MOBA Network
benji researches CEO's linkedin
benji suicides on neogaf to Evilore's face
benji extracts synergies
benji realizes that all of MOBA Network is dead
benji investigates WeBrokr
benji uncovers a self-congratulatory circlejerk
benji further investigates the WeBrokr connection

and somehow blame space has a redemption arc where he starts killing it:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/post-75299199
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/post-75299604

era thread
neogaf thread
start of bore investigation

:rimshot
« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 01:56:11 PM by Uncle »
Uncle

Propagandhim

« Reply #4211 on: October 16, 2021, 01:45:03 PM »
:dead

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #4212 on: October 16, 2021, 01:50:16 PM »
cerium once jump started my car when the battery died

cerium jerked me off when i broke both my arms
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #4213 on: October 16, 2021, 01:50:45 PM »
So Ree is gonna unban bork, right?  Just like Bruno bork got the hammer from an off-site post  :maf

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4214 on: October 16, 2021, 01:55:31 PM »
Don't forget Demi sold the bore to a hobo for $500
🤴

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #4215 on: October 16, 2021, 01:57:02 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-85#post-75330624\
Quote from: qwerty999
A lot of people have started migrating back to Neogaf... If only because Evilore was a lot more transparent in terms of how he dealt with others.

For starters... He didn't sell out his own people.

Looking at the Neogaf thread that talks about the Resetera sale... It seems as if Evilore has been doing his forum thing for "a while"... But Restera couldn't keep it together for even 4 years.

Ultimately... Neogaf has a successful track record.
:rofl

https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-86#post-75331536

User Banned (permanent): troll account
Quote from: qwerty999
Quote from: 4cute
Yall wilding with this line of talk in here, nobody who came here to immerse themselves in leftist talk is going back to that site, especially not to admire the owner's "realness". Whoever did migrated for a completely different reason and you can speculate on what that reasoning was lol
Don't know... According to the sentiment of a lot of people on this forum, the owner of this "leftist forum" sold out his own people for a quick buck, and also didn't divvy any of the "taxes" to ensure that this forum would have better infrastructure and services.

None of the money went to the people who actually did any of the real work.

Users can drown themselves in "leftist talk" all they want, but that still doesn't excuse the fact that the "head of state" literally just stole from his own people.

There was a thread on Resetera that complained about companies using "slave labour". But even if those companies treated their workers like slaves, at least those workers got paid.

Nobody here got paid. Not even the mods.

I wonder how many people will start complaining about Resetera (as a LLC company) using "slave labour"... Because that's what it is.
:salute
OBE

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #4216 on: October 16, 2021, 02:03:23 PM »
hmm I wonder if that account belonged to Myler Talka :neogaf :lore
(ice)

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #4217 on: October 16, 2021, 02:04:36 PM »
His phone number AND name

Holy shit!

Propagandhim

« Reply #4218 on: October 16, 2021, 02:05:03 PM »
Quote from: FeD
Thanks for all your answers.

Just one question on this, but when where you (and the other admins) notified of the intention to sale? With a broker being involved (who had prior dealings with M.O.B.A.), and with Cerium stating it took months, what was the timeline for the admins in this?

Or was the intention not even discussed and were you all just notified of the sale itself?

Quote from: Nepenthe
I was notified months and months ago. Can't speak to anyone else. But I couldn't say anything because of NDAs and things. And honestly, this is the first time I've gone through a buyout like this, at least as a "top level" person. What, praytell, was I supposed to be angry about?

You are not a "top-level" person.  They gave you a nametag.  You are an unpaid janny that will both complain about people criticizing unpaid labor and the "mental toll" your "job" takes on you.   

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4219 on: October 16, 2021, 02:06:32 PM »
So Ree is gonna unban bork, right?  Just like Bruno bork got the hammer from an off-site post  :maf

This is what I was perma-banned for:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/first-look-at-kristen-wiig-as-cheetah.169080/#post-28949178

Quote from: Stinkles, post: 28949178, member: 5609
I wonder if she’ll flash her big ole untrimmed James Corden in a gruesome dance routine?

:what

Reported to my local mod captains, thanks for the head-up.  This kind of filth cannot stand on ResetEra.

Your recent report has been resolved: Post in thread 'First look at Kristen Wiig as cheetah' - Thank you for your report, user has now been warned. Have a nice day!
User Warned: Inappropriate Commentary

:kermit

:idont
ど助平

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #4220 on: October 16, 2021, 02:11:01 PM »

Just one question on this, but when where you (and the other admins) notified of the intention to sale? With a broker being involved (who had prior dealings with M.O.B.A.), and with Cerium stating it took months, what was the timeline for the admins in this?

Or was the intention not even discussed and were you all just notified of the sale itself?

I was notified months and months ago. Can't speak to anyone else. But I couldn't say anything because of NDAs and things. And honestly, this is the first time I've gone through a buyout like this, at least as a "top level" person. What, praytell, was I supposed to be angry about?

You are not a "top-level" person.  They gave you a nametag.  You are an unpaid janny that will both complain about people criticizing unpaid labor and the "mental toll" your "job" takes on you.

I don't think she even comprehends that the forum isn't owned by someone in the community anymore but by some random ass company that can do whatever the fuck it wants

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #4221 on: October 16, 2021, 02:11:13 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/first-look-at-kristen-wiig-as-cheetah.169080/#post-28949178

I wonder if she’ll flash her big ole untrimmed James Corden in a gruesome dance routine?

Reported to my local mod captains, thanks for the head-up.  This kind of filth cannot stand on ResetEra.

Your recent report has been resolved: Post in thread 'First look at Kristen Wiig as cheetah' - Thank you for your report, user has now been warned. Have a nice day!

Taken out for trying to take out a 343 Nazi  :stahp

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #4222 on: October 16, 2021, 02:14:58 PM »

What fucking NDA? You're an unpaid internet janitor that had no financial interest in the deal. Why would you sign an NDA or think it's even applicable to you?

Oh, right, you're as dumb as a plank...
Spud

Kurt Russell

« Reply #4223 on: October 16, 2021, 02:15:37 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-4#post-75196359

Quote from: Angie
Also hope this forum never allows posts to have Likes.
That is the stupidest thing and only made for popular people and echo chamber posts.
woke

Propagandhim

« Reply #4224 on: October 16, 2021, 02:17:32 PM »
Cerium "tricked" Nepenthe into signing an NDA as a volunteer.   :lol :lol  This is too good.

edit:  Nevermind, she didn't sign anything.  She was just told to shut her mouth...for da community.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 02:22:44 PM by Propagandhim »

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #4225 on: October 16, 2021, 02:18:43 PM »
It's pitiful that mods are presenting this as Cerium being a impossible-to-reach celebrity figure. We should contact his agent to set up an interview.

I knew this would be the endgame from the start. Cerium had hardly engaged with the forum and any time Era finances came up, not a damn word. No I'm not surprised at the least that this happened, but what's funny to me are some of the mods going out of their way to stick up for him. Probably because they've gotten to know him on a casual level over the internet, but you can separate a person's kindness from how they conduct affairs as a forum owner.

This guy could’ve given each mod 50k and he’d still be a multi-millionaire. The more I think about it it’s crazy. Not only did he not share any of that 700k a year, not only did he not share any of his nearly five million dollar payout, but then he leaves his unpaid volunteers to clean up the mess from him selling the site to a company that owns alt-right websites. This is like capitalism jiu-jitsu.

Honestly it shows an incredible level of disdain and disregard for the community to avoid all questioning like Cerium has. This whole mess just makes me feel nauseous.

Have the new owners made a statement yet?

After this thread I'm sure they're excited to post for the first time.

:neogaf

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #4226 on: October 16, 2021, 02:18:51 PM »

and after all this it turns out you did them a service by exposing early warning signs, before stinkles went out in his racist blaze of glory shouting the word "chinamen"

it ain't right
 :fbm
Uncle

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4227 on: October 16, 2021, 02:31:33 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-87#post-75338883
Quote from: Sirpopopop
You can't have a more inclusive forum with less banhammer. The ideas are antithetical to each other.

Yeperoonie.

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4228 on: October 16, 2021, 02:34:52 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-87#post-75341541
Quote from: PrivateWHudson
Why would you agree to keep that info from the community?

There's a lot of things I don't tell you all about. Features, upcoming events, works-in-progress on the rules, and so on.

Staff have always been able to see months and months into the future. This was no different.

I also am not such an asshole that I would try to sabotage something like this by leaking it from under my boss and friend's nose? It's not my forum to spearhead.

:shaking
ど助平

jorma

« Reply #4229 on: October 16, 2021, 02:35:30 PM »
"Sure, i didn't actually sign an NDA but please understand, if i had said anything it could have jepardized ceriums 4.5 million dollar payout that he didn't share with anyone! Why can't you understand that my hands were tied here???"

Originally i was so sure that cerium kept this secret until the deal was signed because he didn't want anyone fucking it up and he didnt want to give anyone a cut.
But it seems Cerium knew exactly how distinguished his admins are.  :lol

Alternatively, nep nep did get paid and is keeping that part a secret.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #4230 on: October 16, 2021, 02:41:10 PM »

My guess is a small under-the-table piece of the 1 million if she helps hold the forum together until the Dec 12 date when Moba stars making changes.
OBE

BIONIC

« Reply #4231 on: October 16, 2021, 02:42:21 PM »
:nepenthe emoji no longer works  :thinking

Is the new hobo owner already making decisions without consulting the community?  :anhuld
Margs

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #4232 on: October 16, 2021, 02:47:08 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-87#post-75341541

There's a lot of things I don't tell you all about. Features, upcoming events, works-in-progress on the rules, and so on.

Staff have always been able to see months and months into the future. This was no different.

I also am not such an asshole that I would try to sabotage something like this by leaking it from under my boss and friend's nose? It's not my forum to spearhead.

"my boss"

you still have a boss when you're not paid?

is it not uncharacteristic for nepenthe of all people to consider herself subservient, gratis?

especially with the racial angle
 :holeup
Uncle

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #4233 on: October 16, 2021, 02:55:55 PM »
 :bobby Last article written for the Portland Mercury was Apr 14, 2020.
OBE

Occam

« Reply #4234 on: October 16, 2021, 02:58:22 PM »

"my boss"

you still have a boss when you're not paid?

It's called "owner". And now she has a new one. Because her previous owner sold her, along with the farm.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 03:06:50 PM by Occam »

Averon

« Reply #4235 on: October 16, 2021, 03:08:56 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-88#post-75343626

Quote from: B-Dumbs
There were definitely other parties that had various levels of interest, not just recently but going back to last year. Some of the amounts discussed could've actually been higher if those talks had gone anywhere. In the end a lot of them didn't seem like good fits for various reasons. The two of us discussed it and he went with this option in the end because it meant we'd be able to keep doing what we're doing it and doing it our way.The pick was made to ensure the independence of the staff and the sustainability of the site in the long-run, not to make a quick buck. If that was the goal this would've happened many months ago.

:dead :sabu :mindblown :show

Does B-Dubs really believe that tripe? No one drops $4.55 milly on an investment to be hands-off. The damn CEO of MOBA in the press release says ResetERA is a "target for growth." That corporate speak for "changes are a comin' to maximize revenue growth!" One of the first things that's gonna get dropped is ERA's strict e-mail requirement to sign-up.

Boredfrom

« Reply #4237 on: October 16, 2021, 03:13:57 PM »
"Sure, i didn't actually sign an NDA but please understand, if i had said anything it could have jepardized ceriums 4.5 million dollar payout that he didn't share with anyone! Why can't you understand that my hands were tied here???"

Originally i was so sure that cerium kept this secret until the deal was signed because he didn't want anyone fucking it up and he didnt want to give anyone a cut.
But it seems Cerium knew exactly how distinguished his admins are.  :lol

I don’t think she is smart enough to pull that out. No after her sperging this past days.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4238 on: October 16, 2021, 03:15:36 PM »
:nepenthe emoji no longer works  :thinking

Is the new hobo owner already making decisions without consulting the community?  :anhuld

:nepenthe

It's back- maybe it was removed by accident?  If not might get removed again, but nobody said anything so dunno.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4240 on: October 16, 2021, 03:24:40 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-believe-there-is-a-conversation-to-be-had-about-era-new-owners-and-affiliations-details.501402/#post-75344586
Quote from: Sirhc
Thanks for making this thread, great breakdown for those not following the announcement that was tucked away from where most posters browse.

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4241 on: October 16, 2021, 03:27:31 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-88#post-75345096
Because for one, I don't assume bad faith of everything coming my way in life. I'm also not tied down here like, especially considering how thankless this gig is. If things change to my dislike just enough, I'll leave.

:foodcourt

https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-88#post-75345174
Quote from: Squarehard
Does that mean we will get more or less manga ads about awkward incest relationships?

:nugenix
ど助平

Propagandhim

« Reply #4242 on: October 16, 2021, 03:28:30 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-88#post-75345096
Because for one, I don't assume bad faith of everything coming my way in life. I'm also not tied down here like, especially considering how thankless this gig is. If things change to my dislike just enough, I'll leave.

:foodcourt

Except if a yt hands her change the wrong way.   

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #4243 on: October 16, 2021, 03:32:04 PM »
It's pitiful that mods are presenting this as Cerium being a impossible-to-reach celebrity figure. We should contact his agent to set up an interview.

I knew this would be the endgame from the start. Cerium had hardly engaged with the forum and any time Era finances came up, not a damn word. No I'm not surprised at the least that this happened, but what's funny to me are some of the mods going out of their way to stick up for him. Probably because they've gotten to know him on a casual level over the internet, but you can separate a person's kindness from how they conduct affairs as a forum owner.

This guy could’ve given each mod 50k and he’d still be a multi-millionaire. The more I think about it it’s crazy. Not only did he not share any of that 700k a year, not only did he not share any of his nearly five million dollar payout, but then he leaves his unpaid volunteers to clean up the mess from him selling the site to a company that owns alt-right websites. This is like capitalism jiu-jitsu.

Honestly it shows an incredible level of disdain and disregard for the community to avoid all questioning like Cerium has. This whole mess just makes me feel nauseous.

Have the new owners made a statement yet?

After this thread I'm sure they're excited to post for the first time.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4244 on: October 16, 2021, 03:35:42 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-88#post-75345996
Quote from: Seik
This thread shouldn't have been locked: https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-believe-there-is-a-conversation-to-be-had-about-era-new-owners-and-affiliations-details.501402/

Members have a right to know and not all of them will plunge in this thread to find every little nasty details about this transaction. I get the self-preservation sense, but I'm making a legit point here I believe.
Quote from: srtrestre
Wow

Yeah, this is bs
I didn't even know this was actually happening until I saw you posted it there.
Working as intended it seems
Quote from: WolverineBlues
Yeah, this discussion needs to be moved to the Etcetera Forum so that it's more visible to all members.
Quote from: John Rabbit
Yeah I don't understand this lock either. This thread is moving too fast and isn't the place for this discussion.

:popcorn
« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 03:39:50 PM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4245 on: October 16, 2021, 03:42:23 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-89#post-75346752
Quote from: rpm
Quote from: CheapyD
I haven’t haven’t followed a thread so closely on here in a LONG time.

Does code CAG16 get you 16% off pre-owned video game forums? Asking for a Swedish friend of mine.

:ohyou
ど助平

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #4246 on: October 16, 2021, 03:47:11 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-88#post-75345996
Quote from: Seik
This thread shouldn't have been locked: https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-believe-there-is-a-conversation-to-be-had-about-era-new-owners-and-affiliations-details.501402/

Members have a right to know and not all of them will plunge in this thread to find every little nasty details about this transaction. I get the self-preservation sense, but I'm making a legit point here I believe.
Wow

Yeah, this is bs
I didn't even know this was actually happening until I saw you posted it there.
Working as intended it seems
Quote from: WolverineBlues
Yeah, this discussion needs to be moved to the Etcetera Forum so that it's more visible to all members.
Quote from: John Rabbit
Yeah I don't understand this lock either. This thread is moving too fast and isn't the place for this discussion.

:popcorn

Wonder how the mods will spin "but if everyone knew what was going on there would be chaos" as a good thing

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #4247 on: October 16, 2021, 03:51:37 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-believe-there-is-a-conversation-to-be-had-about-era-new-owners-and-affiliations-details.501402/

Surprised that Seik didn’t get banned.

I'm surprised Seik didn't when admitting on Ree he would pay doxxers to dox Kiwi farms

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #4248 on: October 16, 2021, 03:53:32 PM »
People have ad blocked the notices. You can do the same to the sensitive topic banner, like they had for the Cyberpunk thread.
OBE

« Reply #4249 on: October 16, 2021, 03:54:34 PM »
This is dumb:
I mean honestly? Beyond the "oh" moment of learning a sale was happening at all, I was apathetic.

Nothing about this has changed my day to day, and I was promised it wouldn't change my day to day. I still have the same stack of reports to get through, the same alerts in my inbox. I still get to take the chance to fuck around in threads when I can. And ultimately I'm still going to continue banning shitty members with no remorse.

My world wasn't impacted with the news, and as of yet, the MOBA ninjas haven't stormed in here declaring that we are now under the purview of Donald Trump and all the minorities need to fall in line or get permed.

For real. The questions about my emotional state when I learned are like asking what a Rite-Aid employee felt about the Walgreens buyout. What exactly are they supposed to say to you if they're keeping their same damn job???

Tell me you've never sat through a corporate buyout without telling me you never sat through a corporate buyout. Additionally, if you work at a Rite Aid across the street from a poorly-run Walgreens, or if Walgreens banned all progressive speech and Rite Aid encouraged it, I'd be pretty fucking surprised if you had no reaction to the hypothetical buyout.

Even if you've never been through a buyout, I feel like the "Nothing will change! We love you guys! You do you!" -> "You keep doing you, but we need you to bring in more money! Your call how!" -> "I know the agreement included keeping your old leader as General Manager, but to help you guys out we're introducing a new Executive Management Team to help really bring it all together and hit those metrics we know you could meet with just a few changes!" -> The old guard quits/gets fired pipeline shows up in enough media the intense skepticism from the forum in face of extremely thin platitudes from the mods shouldn't be surprising.

It's just astonishing how much worse they make everything by refusing to ever show weakness--"Nothing will change because we've been promised nothing will change and besides if anything changes we'll just bail because fuck it they can't make us stay!" is just such a stupid response to a user base you've coddled  and steered into believing  ERA is the only safe place on the internet expressing concerns that it could all go to shit. It's been four years. I shouldn't still be so surprised they're this bad at this.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #4250 on: October 16, 2021, 03:58:59 PM »
I figured out the identity of one of those kiwi farmers just from the occasional browse of their resetera thread.  He knows who he is :teehee

ShutUp

« Reply #4251 on: October 16, 2021, 03:59:35 PM »

And that friend just got $4.5 million dollars and you got zilch. Cerium thanks you for your time and for dealing with the fallout, all for free.

What a dumb, racist bitch  :heh

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #4252 on: October 16, 2021, 04:01:49 PM »
My corporate buyout experience also began with assurances that nothing would change and that this was for the best of everybody involved. We were shut down within a year.
OBE

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #4253 on: October 16, 2021, 04:04:14 PM »
Shit...and to think i made Era logo for free because it was a community effort to get everybody together under one organized place again.
Seeing those numbers is not a good look for sure, i can't imagine volunteering for years.

In my humble opinion grabbing the bag alone is not a classy move.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-77#post-75302538

:stahp

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4254 on: October 16, 2021, 04:08:20 PM »
they're going back and making sure rats can't flee the ship:

the bonus lie here is that this guy owns Metacouncil, XboxEra, etc.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4255 on: October 16, 2021, 04:10:20 PM »
Yeah we're gonna sneak through a 4.5 million dollar acquisition.
The 4.5 million dollars that weren't mentioned (same with all other financial and owneership details) in the announcement at all and only really came more into view when someone dug up MOBAs press release near the end of the first page?
:awesome

edit:
Some of y'all legit talk back just to talk back.

The point was even if we wanted to hide this, we couldn't. Nothing we do here is "a criminal fuckin' conspiracy."
:dead
« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 04:14:33 PM by benjipwns »

BisMarckie

« Reply #4256 on: October 16, 2021, 04:12:03 PM »
etc.

That's the hobo who bought the bire?  :ohhh

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #4257 on: October 16, 2021, 04:12:57 PM »
they're going back and making sure rats can't flee the ship:
(Image removed from quote.)

the bonus lie here is that this guy owns Metacouncil, XboxEra, etc.

What's the etc?  :hitler

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #4258 on: October 16, 2021, 04:13:17 PM »
So all of a sudden it’s okay to support a questionable parent company as long as they don’t interfere with REE. Okay.
Fish<

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #4259 on: October 16, 2021, 04:14:11 PM »
Yeah we're gonna sneak through a 4.5 million dollar acquisition.
The 4.5 million dollars that weren't mentioned (same with all other financial and owneership details) in the announcement at all and only really came more into view when someone dug up MOBAs press release near the end of the first page?
:awesome

When the shady swedish MOBA company actually knows the meaning of transparency